I was thinking of painting the back of the frame but I did what I thought would add a little more sexy so I veneered the back of this frame so that when one opens the engine box this should "pop"
I didn't do a book match but I did try and match the grain so it wraps around the sides.
Process: I vacuum bagged to make a 2 ply veneer (same stuff I used on my dash, block figured Makore) to make it a little more robust and then clamped it on using a custom cut plywood caul covered in packing tape and a lot of clamps.
its got two coats of epoxy on it so far. Also got like 5 coats (some sanded thru) on the mid deck.
I had to take the alternator and water pump bracket off to get access to sand it, pretty easy, and good practice to know what tools I need to change an impeller on the water pump.