I got the motor accessories put back on today (so much easier when all the parts are at hand
Fired her up and there was no transmission fluid leak! I am super happy about that!
I also fixed the starboard valve cover oil leak by reinstalling the valve cover and re-tightening it. It was a lot easier to get the bolts on before installing the exhaust manifolds.
The neutral is still "dirty" at higher RPMs but at idle its not turning so I think I am going to see if I can live with this to forgo a full rebuild for now.
The Holly Red Marine fuel pump
is really noisy, anyone have a suggestion on a less noisy fuel pump or way to make it quieter?
Now I JUST need to:
1. Re-align the coupler to the shaft, oh Joy!
2. Wire it up properly and neatly
3. Fully Install the dash
4. Install the steering cable
5. Design and Fabricate Transmission Shifter linkage
6. Fabricate Throttle Linkage of of metal (currently temporary wooden piece)
7. Complete the mid-deck
8. Varnish the deck
9. Caulk the deck
10. Paint the Hull
11. Install hatches
12. Research/Buy/Install some sort of non-skid removable flooring
13. Fabricate/install Battery mount for Box
14. Build a Engine cover (research sound deadening materials)
15. Build/Install the Front Seat
16. Build/Install the Rear Seat
17. Install the Gas tanks
18. Mount the Fuel Pump
19. Plumb the fuel system
20. Rebuild Trailer
b. Replace rusty bits
g. Tongue / Actuator
21. Put the boat on the trailer
22. Install Accessories (Nav Lights, Horn, Anchor Light, Bilge Pump, Cleats, ski tow hooks, courtesy lights)
23. Install Rub Rail
24. Oil Change
26. Celebrate/Drink Beers
27. Design, fabricate/buy/Install Windshield
28. Make/install a new/beefier Alternator Mount
29. Research/buy/install Boat Cover