its been crappy/dreary to work on the boat outside so I have been up to other things the last few months (like working too much...)
I thought I would take a look at the todo list and update it to motivate me to make some more progress when the dreary days pass.
Here is the list I published on Oct 14, 2018.
Items in green
were completed by 5/11/19.
Items in blue
were completed by 12/1/19.
Items in red
were completed by 12/28/19.
Items in pink
were completed by 1/5/20.
Now I JUST need to:
1. Re-align the coupler to the shaft, oh Joy!
2. Wire it up properly and neatly
3. Fully Install the dash
4. Install the steering cable
5. Design and Fabricate Transmission Shifter linkage
6. Fabricate Throttle Linkage out of metal
7. Complete the mid-deck
8. Varnish the deck
9. Caulk the deck (I may epoxy it, I am still on the fence)
10. Paint the Hull
11. Install hatches
/Buy/Install some sort of non-skid removable flooring
/install Battery Box
14. Build a Engine cover (research sound deadening materials)
15. Build/Install the Front Seat
16. Build/Install the Rear Seat
17. Install the Gas tanks
18. Mount the Fuel Pump
19. Plumb the fuel system
20. Rebuild Trailer
b. Replace rusty bits
21. Put the boat on the trailer
22. Install Accessories (Nav Lights, Horn, Anchor Light, Bilge Pump
, Cleats, ski tow hooks, courtesy lights
23. Buy / Install Rub Rail
24. Oil Change
26. Celebrate/Drink Beers
27. Design, fabricate/buy/Install Windshield
28. Make/install a new/beefier Alternator Mount
29. Research/buy/install Boat Cover
Additional Items added 12/1/19:
1. Upholster front seat
2. Upholster rear seat
3. Upholster engine cover seat
4. Install floor over bilge
5. Fabricate / install cockpit molding
6. Restore the Rudder:
/ install new rudder mount
b. Get a keyway machined in rudder shaft for tiller arm
/ Replace rudder stuffing box packing
/ Replace rudder bearing
e. Restore tiller arm (remove green oxidation from bronze)
7. Install Bilge Blower
8. Install USB Charger
/ Install Bilge Pump exhaust port fitting (I think I will install it STBD Aft so I can look back, while driving, and see if it is pumping).
10. Buy / Install Bilge Blower exhaust vent
11. Epoxy encapsulate the underside of the deck and covering boards
12. Mount depth sounder
13. Install and test Man Overboard Device
/ Install steering wheel