Hercdrvr

Re: Malahini Chine bending

Post by Hercdrvr » Mon Nov 19, 2018 8:09 am

Plenty of trailer there for a Malahini.
Matt B

footer

Post by footer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:05 am

So, I came to the point of having my trailer done and ready to sit my boat on it. I tend to over build things in my engineering, but I was so afraid of dropping it, so I built a couple of brackets that set the pivot point up 8" to help balance it. I think if I went up two more inches it would have been perfect.
Of course, as some of you know, sitting it on the trailer makes it a bit to high to easily work on the inside. So, I am going to build a cradle and sit it down on that for now. I'm also fabricating a couple of permanent stainless lift points so I can lift it on and off the trailer and cradle anytime, now and in the future.
Attachments
IMG_5091[1].PNG
Malahini: Flipping it.
IMG_5089[1].JPG
Malahini; Rear lifting bracket
IMG_5088[1].JPG
Malahini; Front lifting bracket

footer

Post by footer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 6:25 am

Outside for the first time, so I can clean up the floor and see it again for the first time in 10 months. M y wife was a great help in raising and flipping it, as well as helping to clean up the mess under it to get it ready to bring the trailer in under it. I hope to get back to building on it again soon. Gotta have it done by spring. :)
Attachments
IMG_5094[1].PNG
Malahini; I forgot how much stuff I left under it. My wife was a great help in raising and flipping it and cleaning up the mess to get ready to pull the trailer in under it.
IMG_5099[1].JPG
Malahini; Outside for the first time, so I can clean and see my floor for the first time in ten months.

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ » Mon Nov 26, 2018 7:35 am

Nice flip. That makes three or four malahinis that have flipped recently. I like your brackets. I assume the holes on the transom will go away when you cut out for the motor well?
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."

footer

Post by footer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:06 am

Thanks Bryan and yes, the holes will be filled in, but they will be also be covered by a stainless plate.

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:11 am

Yup lots of malahinis getting built right now. Yours looks great. You could take the wheels off your trailer to help lower it down.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

footer

Post by footer » Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:30 am

So, I am stopping here and am continuing on a new post, "MI Malahini Build, Post Flip".

Return to “Power Boats”