Roustabout Transom Replacement

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

1969Jet

Roustabout Transom Replacement

Post by 1969Jet »

Hi All

Had a quick question, I'm just about ready to remove my Transom for replacing. I have the new one cut and ready, plus the framing. Can removing the old one throw the boat out of alignment and if so is there something i should do to keep it all aligned. The hull and side sheeting is still on, but once i replace the transom I will be redoing the Hull sheeting and redoing the Battens as well. The side sheeting is in perfect condition so will be keeping those intact. Secondly has anyone else had issues with breaking Lifting Strakes and if so what did you replace them with or do differently to stop this.

Thanks for any Help
Joe
Bill Edmundson

Re: Roustabout Transom Replacement

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Joe

I think I would put a temporary cross-brace at the shear just to make sure nothing moves.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
hoodman

Post by hoodman »

What exactly happened with your lift strakes? Do you have a picture?
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139
1969Jet

Post by 1969Jet »

Hi There

Sorry don't have any pictures, but i keep breaking them in half. in different spots. Usually get about two years before i break 1 or 2. Only way ive lasted longer is we bolted them right through hull with carriage bolts into the Batten every 12 inches. But since i'm redoing hull i don't want to bolt right through this way since this is why there is some rot.

Thanks
Joe

Return to “Power Boats”