Malahini from MD

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Sarnian

Re: Malahini from MD

Post by Sarnian »

Chug - you’ve got to go for the biggest and beefiest eye for the front of chug-a-lug. That would look awesome.

chugalug

Post by chugalug »

:lol: That would fit along with combo aluminum carved swimming mermaid holding a mug of beer hawse pipe.I've got one done .now for the other side.Can't figure out how to post pic with this redone computer.But I'll tell you-she's a real looker!(Has a face like those stone dudes on Easter Island.) :lol:
Working on regular-sized Bo-Jest

"If it's not crooked,It's not mine

Biss

Post by Biss »

Great looking boat. You should be really proud of what you accomplished! You've done a great job!

mrintense

Post by mrintense »

The sunshine really makes here pop! Beautiful job, well done. Thanks for the link to the U bolt, I'll look into it.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

Thanks guys. It was weird yesterday - I dropped her off and the guys from the boat store came out and said nice things - but all I could see were the bits where I screwed up or where I was too lazy/rushed. Next one will be better. :mrgreen:

footer

Post by footer »

Looks beautiful man. Very nice job on everything. You will not be disappointed with the engine your getting. Look at Biss’ post. I believe he said he put a 17p for his prop and said that worked great.

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

My boat is stuck in the shop - the engine install was supposed to be finished a couple of weeks ago - but the shop closed down because of COVID-19.... so I am stuck at home without any boat to work on! So thank you to everyone who's working and posting...it is keeping me entertained.

footer

Post by footer »

I’m really sorry to hear that, man. You would think they could open up to let you pull it home until this is over. This crap could take a while.
Hang in there buddy.
I haven’t been able to work on mine for the past month as my wife took command and we reworked all our bannisters (115 spindles and 60’ of handrail) just finished yesterday.
Now I can work on the boat until it gets nice outside. Then it’s some deck work and rebuilding an old shed,
Good time to clean up the shop with no boat in it. Keep busy, stay safe, and keep smiling. 😀

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

Thanks footer- I’ve been relegated to doing stuff around the house too. Our front entryway needed to be sanded and some old slightly rotten wood replaced. It’s not as much fun as bending plywood and fairing frames....

In the hope of improving my welding I’ve also welded every single piece of metal I can find to another piece of metal. It looks like abstract art. :shock:

Stay well all.

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr »

That is one pretty boat! Sorry she is stuck in the shop but it won't be for forever. I am sure you will forget all about this delay once you get her on the water :)

Lee

Sarnian

Post by Sarnian »

After two months of boat quarantine, she's back from the boat yard with the engine attached. I've now installed the seats, plumbed in the bilge pump, and put a name on her. A couple of things are still left - I have to finish the side panels and also make a cover - aside from that I'm waiting for the title and registration paperwork to be processed....then, time to get wet.
Attachments
IMG_5318.jpg
IMG_5314.jpg
IMG_5313.jpg

Ibrew2be

Post by Ibrew2be »

That is one fine looking boat! You've set the standard for how to do a wooden windshield frame, and the finish looks great.

One thing I was wondering about, as I looked at your pictures. How did you handle running lights?

Barry
Barry Shantz

Imp built and launched.

Build of Ken Bassett's Rascal currently on hiatus

denbrlr

Post by denbrlr »

Looking forward to the splash :)

Lee

DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

She sure is beautiful
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

Biss

Post by Biss »

Holy Smokes! You have created a beautiful Malahini. Look forward to seeing it in the water and the big smile on your face! Great work.

Biss

Return to “Power Boats”