The Fletchers Malahini

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

Biss

Re: The Fletchers Malahini

Post by Biss »

You will only use two of the blades on the kill switch. One set is normally open and the other set is normally closed. Just need to use the correct ones for your application (looks like normally closed since the wires were already connected). Can't remember where on the harness that the kill switch hooks up, but looks like the "lanyard" label pretty much gives it away!

Boat is looking great!

Biss
Biss

Post by Biss »

Checked my harness and the black and black w/ yellow stripe are for the outboard lanyard.
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

So on the back of the lanyard switch are 4 prongs, 2 marked with a I, and 2 with a M. I would connect the 2 wires from the harness to one of each? Thanks Biss
Biss

Post by Biss »

If there is no schematic, then you should take your ohm meter and check for continuity between blades. I believe you want to use the connections that have continuity (closed circuit) when the clip is removed. Pretty sure the blade pairs are opposite each other, i.e. you will use 12 o'clock and 6 o'clock or 3 o'clock and 9 o'clock. Clear as mud?
Biss

Post by Biss »

I think I may have gotten the normally open/normally closed info backwards! At any rate you need to use the correct one for your application. Now that I think about it, the circuit should probably be closed with the clip in place! Sorry for the confusion...I'll take a look at my kill switch later today.
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

I won't worry about it, when I put the engine on and hook everything up and try and start it I will know then. I will just wire it last. Thanks Biss
Biss

Post by Biss »

Looks like the blades labeled with M was what I used.
20191101_173545.jpg
Milhouse

Post by Milhouse »

Looking at the MOB Kill switch Directions I have the Mercury is a "Close to stop" type.

That means that during normal operation the switch is open, when you want to stop the motor (e.g. pull the lanyard) the switch will close.
Jim
16' Ski Boat Restoration
17' Overnighter Sloop

I'd rather have a $h!tty meal than an $h!tty resume because a totally awesome resume will feed me steak one day - Steve Poltz
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

Thanks for the reply's, I have been dry fitting a lot of pieces and probably getting ahead of myself. I have the floor ready for finishing it is 6 panels, 3 in the front and 3 in the back easily removable. Also added access hatches in the motorwell to get to the bilge pumps and make it easier to install motor. Also started adding the subdeck and windshield template is rough cut, I think I will make my own brackets after pricing ones out there.
motorwell1.jpg
motorwell2.jpg
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

windshield 1.jpg
windshield 2.jpg
subdeck.jpg
DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Very nice! I like the compass rose. Your front seats seem wider than what I had planned. What width are they?
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."
bstrong

Post by bstrong »

I took the seat frames down to the first batten on each side of the keel, the passenger side is on the outside edge of the keel and the driver side is on the inside making the driver side about an inch and a half wider, to allow more room for the controls, and me :lol: . Passenger side is 20.5", driver side is 22" with 18" space between.
DrBryanJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Thank you bstrong. I am planning on 20" for each side, but need to figure space for controls.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."
Biss

Post by Biss »

Nice work on the interior finish out! Floorboards with the medallion in the middle is a nice touch!
mrintense

Post by mrintense »

Oooh Sweet!
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise - "Can Do!"

Return to “Power Boats”