What Boat to build

Designs for inboard or outboard power

Moderator: BruceDow

rrquinzani@gmail.com

What Boat to build

Post by rrquinzani@gmail.com » Sun Jul 28, 2019 6:42 am

I have a somewhat unique situation. My home's backyard is a salt marsh that goes to a tidal creek. At high tide it has 8' of water at low it is dry. To get to the open bay in Duxbury, MA I have to go under a bridge. The bridge is only about 30" above high tide water surface. I want to launch and winter store my boat on the property but use it outside the bridge and build it in my basement that has doors only 6' 6" tall and or wide. I want to build a skiff but with at least a slight Vee bottom to help ride in the local chop. We often get wind and current opposing conditions. I am thinking a Vee bottom skiff with a Tiller drive (no room under the bridge for a center console). I want at least 15" of length to use for local fishing.
What boat should I build. ????

hoodman

Re: What Boat to build

Post by hoodman » Sun Jul 28, 2019 9:54 am

Console Skiff or Celerity. Celerity has a deep vee but is too wide. You're really limiting your choices with the beam restriction.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Bill Edmundson

Re: What Boat to build

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sun Jul 28, 2019 11:49 am

I'm not from Mass. Our basement/garage doors are typically 6'-8"x9'-0". I'm not clear on your limits.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “Power Boats”