Jet Bullet

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Captain

Jet Bullet

Post by Captain » Mon May 28, 2018 12:08 pm

Hello everyone
I have finally orderd my plans for the bullet just have to wait for the postman to drop them off. I have given up on fixing my second jet ski hull and have decided use it as the power plant for the bullet. The ski is a 2000 polaris slx with a 1200 cc triple 2 stroke. I would love to hear all input and thoughts on this build becouse I will need all the help I can get. I hope everyone has a wonderful memorial weekend.
Kyle
Jet Bullet 1200 Triple 2 Stroke Build
If You Want To Go Fast You Have To Mix Oil And Gas

DSR

Re: Jet Bullet

Post by DSR » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:48 am

Hi Kyle,

Your Bullet should haul the mail really well with that 1200 triple in it. Nice!!

Make sure to post lots of pics, and asking questions to get help and ideas is a huge part of the fun with this forum. All great people and the wealth of knowledge and experience is amazing.

Dave
DSR Performance - Home of yet another jet TNT build :D
Codename "Just A Little....."
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29753

Captain

Post by Captain » Sun Jun 03, 2018 6:21 pm

Well the plans were in the mail box Friday afternoon but I haven’t been ablet to go over them yet.Took the family camping this weekend. We were doing great until my father in law called me Saturday night when he went to my house to check on the dogs. He informed that a storm just split my maple tree in half the tree decided to take out my power line ripping my line and meter off my house. Looks like the plans will be on hold until I get everything fixed and sorted out.
Kyle

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:31 am

Could have been worse. At least it's just the power line and not your roof.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Captain

Post by Captain » Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:00 pm

5 days without power is not fun. If the wife isn’t happy then nobody’s happy. I rebuilt the exterior service in a day and a half ( would have had it done all Sunday but the electrical store wasn’t opened had to wait till Monday to buy parts) 3 days to jump through hoops and get it inspected. Hopefully the power company hooks me back up today. Then maybe I can build a boat. Hoodman you can’t live to far down the road I have started reading your build and noticed you said you bought your plywood from the hardwood store of NC. I spent a lot of money there building the cabinets for my house. Very nice build by the way looks like you have put a lot of hard work into that boat. I still have a long way to catching up on the build thread.
Kyle

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:30 pm

Kyle, I lived about an hour south of Asheville for over about 13 years. Now I'm back in Indiana near where I grew up. The Hardwood Store is a cool place. I only ended up buying plywood there. I got better prices for my oak and sapele at Catawba Hardwoods.

Thanks for the nice comments on my build. I hope to cross the "finish" line pretty soon.
Matt

Captain

Post by Captain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:25 am

Well we finally have power back and life can get back to normal. I am going to try and take a look at the plans today and start wrapping my brain around boat construction. I didnt realize I needed a boat dictionary for at the terms and names for things. Hopefully I can start building the frame jig this weekend and go to the lumberyard next week to gather the needed wood for the boat. I have been trying to decide if I want to use the bottom of the jet ski and graph it into the boat or just start from scratch and make my own engine mounts intake tunnel and pump mount.
Kyle

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:39 am

Kyle

I know the terms are strange at first. An easy way to remember, Port is a short word that goes with left and red. Starboard is longer and goes with right and green. Ultimately, the terms help in communicating with other builders and boaters.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Captain

Post by Captain » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:10 am

Thanks bill I will try to remember you guys will have to forgive me I need a really big learning curve.
Looks like Someone already wants a boat ride
Looks like Someone already wants a boat ride
Kyle

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Sat Jun 09, 2018 7:59 am

I think the term for that big black mark is, Cat. :shock:

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

TomB

Post by TomB » Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:09 am

And when the "swabs" walk, they say "port, port, port, starboard, port". (I remember a sign behind a little white picket fence in Norfolk that read "dogs and sailors keep off the grass, but that's a different story.) Its "green means GO dad" and "red right returning" for those in the seaway. No problem not knowing the lingo, I'm still get confused, I thought a Carling was a beer label....

hoodman

Post by hoodman » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:53 pm

It is confusing at first when talking about chine, sheer, keel and all the other assorted jargon. But you learn as you go making each part.
Matt

Captain

Post by Captain » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:47 am

Looks like my local (1.5 hour away) hardwood supplier doesn’t have 1/4 plywood 12 foot long 4x8 or 5x10 only I guess I will be making butt joints. I have been looking at pictures of other bullet builds and their frames and trying to make since of the blue prints I think I am slowly getting the picture. Glad I picked a smaller boat as my first build.
Kyle

Captain

Post by Captain » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:32 am

Here’s a picture of one the hulls on the Polaris. I’m still deciding on how to replicate this. I’m also wondering if I need to flatten out some of the v on the bullet to match the flat spot on the ski hull leading up to the pump intake tunnel? It’s only the very center of the ski.
Attachments
ED313B88-3B40-4214-95E4-E5FF7D4E8226.jpeg
Kyle

Captain

Post by Captain » Sun Jun 10, 2018 10:36 am

Here is a slightly better picture of the flat spot I’m referring to.
Attachments
7CCD05DE-4365-405D-B105-536B94908CFC.jpeg
Kyle

Return to “Jet Ski Power”