Matsully"s TNT

About using jet ski motors to power small boats

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Matsully

Matsully"s TNT

Post by Matsully » Mon Jun 24, 2019 10:07 pm

Hi all , its been along time. I finally finished my little boat and took it to Lake Elsinore on Saturday.It truly amazed me and ran/rode flawlessly. It has a little 587 seadoo in it. Idid not think that small engine would do it justice but it made it to 42 mph by the end of the day. YAAY! its like a race kart on water. Thank you Glen l for putting out such a bitchen product. It rode nice n flat w/ no porpoise. I had a crowd whenever I came in. Wade the trailer park owner brought out his 1200 hp flattie for some runs n by the end o day ,he conceded to me that my little TNT took the show. Ihave had v drives and they are fun and sometimes challenging to rig, but I have never felt the same feeling of accomplishment n pride ( Iknow its a sin ) as I have building this lil rocket. I took a lot of pics of the build and even a vid.of it running but Iam not able as yet (as I am very comp. challenged) to send them. It took a bit o time to get them to googlemy photos on my p.c. I will keep trying tho ,so if you guys(n gals) at the prestigious GLEN L sky scraper receive some random pics theyre prob. mine. Thanks again n God bless. Mattsully

Gayle Brantuk

Re: Matsully"s TNT

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Tue Jun 25, 2019 3:34 pm

Matsully,

Congratulations to you! What a great post and I'm so glad to hear you had such a wonderful experience at Elsinore. I'll bet it was a blast! My dad used to go to Elsinore when he was young quite often. He lived in LA and back then, the roads weren't so good (actually, they still aren't) and the cars weren't so fast, so it took a loooong time to get there.

We're just over the hill in San Clemente--no high rise though! I do hope you'll send me some photos at info@Glen-L.com. And, if you remind me, I could post them on here for you too because I'm sure other folks would love to see this little jewel of a boat you built! Thanks so much for sharing this--I may quote you in my next Newsletter.

DSR

Post by DSR » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:13 pm

Hi Matt,

Your TNT sounds like a blast! At 42 mph, it sounds like it's probably faster than the ski that the 587 came out of!
I, and everyone else here on the forum would be more than happy to help get then posted. I'd love to see them (especially pics of how you did the bottom and intake, along with the rigging....)

Thanks! :D
Dave
DSR Performance - Home of yet another jet TNT build :D
Codename "Just A Little....."
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29753

Matsully

Post by Matsully » Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:18 pm

Hi dave . I have tried to send pics from my phone ,via e mail and from my google collection with apparently no luck. I do believe trying to talk me through might also be fruitless . my brother and his family and I are going to Pineflat lake on the 11th and his eldest son is a whiz on these damn frustrating things ,I"ll see if I can get him to send them. As to the speed of my lil water cart ,it very much surprised me . The guy that donated the sea doo later told me it was bored and hotrodded as much as can be done to a little 587 . it came sans carb. so I put a 42 mikuni sbn on. I just used the jet tunnel from transom to motor mts. from the ski . I mounted the jet flush with the TNT transom to get it as far back as possible. The bottom of the donor ski had a perfect delta for my application . I also tried to keep everything as light as possible . I"ve been running and racing flatbottoms my whole life and in my 50+ years I think this lil rocket is as fun as any. I have read some o your posts and if you get your hundred ++ hp into one o these and open it up ,you must have great big brass ones . If you do get her done I"d love to see it go tho. Again thank you for the kind words and I may have to hit you up for pic posting hints . God bless. Matt

Return to “Jet Ski Power”