New Member - London, ON Canada

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

ccook029

New Member - London, ON Canada

Post by ccook029 »

Hello all,

New to the board. I am not completely new to boat building, but about to tackle a new project. I am looking at getting the plans for the Tahoe 23' and thinking of building it. I haven't built anything that large before, but I am an avid woodworker and have built a small boat for my kids last year. Seems to be a lot of the same skills, so looking to tackle a bigger project.

Wondering if any one here has built the Tahoe 23' before? I wanted to know if the plans were comprehensive as I haven't been able to see a sample of them anywhere.

Looking forward to posting more.
Attachments
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200815123703226_COVER-1.jpg
00100lrPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20200816161103755_COVER-1.jpg

Tony Hain

Re: New Member - London, ON Canada

Post by Tony Hain »

Hi,
I'm building a Tahoe 23. Pretty handy at woodwork but had never built a boat before. I found the plans very comprehensive. Yes there were times I had to sit in the thinking chair and get my head around it. But also you have this great forum of willing, helpful people who will help you through any problems you have.
Tony Hain
"Never under-estimate the bounds of human stupidity" (Robert Heinlein)
and on a more optimistic note "nor the capacity for human brilliance"

ccook029

Post by ccook029 »

Hey Tony,
Thanks for the quick reply. I am really looking forward to getting into the project. Will probably order the plans tonight and start getting my supplies.

How long have you been working on it?

TomB

Post by TomB »

Welcome,

The plans are comprehensive. Just add material and perseverance and you'll have yourself a great boat.

Tom
In the home stretch on a Tahoe 23

DCHALM

Post by DCHALM »

Hi,
Glad to see a fellow Canadian tackling the Tahoe. I'm currently building a stretched version of the Tahoe 19 (20' 6") in Fort Erie, Ontario. I started building in November 2020 and am just getting ready to paint the hull. I will probably be able to flip the boat in July. At some point I will have to post pictures :-). I have never built a boat before but find the plans very detailed and easy to follow. What is even more valuable is use of this forum. I read everything I can get my hands on and it is incredible how helpful this forum is.

You won't be disappointed with the plans and the Tahoe is absolutely a beautiful boat. Good luck with your build.
/Dave

ccook029

Post by ccook029 »

Hi Dave,
I ended up changing my mind and purchased the plans for the Belle Isle. Got the instructions and have read them thoroughly, but still waiting on my plans. Can't wait. Clearing out the garage and making room everyday as well as making sure I have some lumber ready to start my build. Made a deal with my wife that I will finish the honey do list before I tackle this baby, so here's hoping I can start soon!

Fort Erie is not that far at all. Glad to hear there are more crazy Canadians out there looking to tackle the build than just me! Can't wait to see some pictures of your Tahoe. Since you are about 6 months ahead of me, I'm sure I will be leaning on you for some info if that's ok with you. The experience I have in boat building is pretty limited (although the techniques are quite the same).

Looking forward to getting my plans next week and getting right into it.
Thanks for the message!
Chris

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

:lol: There is no end to her to-do list!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

DCHALM

Post by DCHALM »

:) LOL: I ordered the Malahini plans to start but thought it would be too small for Lake Erie. I returned them for a refund and chose the Tahoe instead. The Belle Isle is a gorgeous boat as well. Boat building is a wonderful cure for the Covid blues!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”