A Dream

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Dee Miller36

A Dream

Post by Dee Miller36 »

Hi my name is Dee and I am from Lancaster County Pennsylvania,
My Fiancee had a dream to build a beautiful boat. Ed bought the blueprints and was building a 26' Dory it is a beautiful masterpiece. I would say it is 75% completed. Than came that day when he was in a car accident that took his life. I would like feedback on the value of the Dory before I post it for sale what would be a reasonable $$ amount to ask for it. It needs engine's, some windows, gas tanks, and some things need bolted down. It has a place to sleep, cook, and sleep. The cabin also has air conditioning. He was a perfectionist which drove me crazy but now I miss it! I value all feedback!
Attachments
20210523_144403.jpg
20210523_151055.jpg
20210523_151117.jpg

Roberta

Re: A Dream

Post by Roberta »

Very saddened by your loss. I'm sure someone on the Forum will be able to help you with a suggested starting point. Possibly a Forum member may be interested. God bless you and keep the Faith.

Roberta :(
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

weller

Post by weller »

Wow I stopped in to see that boat a few years ago and he came to my house to see mine. I haven't heard from him for awhile and was wondering how close he was to finishing. Really sorry for your loss, I wish he could of finished his dream.
"My mind is on a permanent vacation, the ocean is my only medication"

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

So sorry for your loss. What a nice job he has done! It can be tough to find the right person willing to purchase and finish another person's vision. My advice from having bought and sold a few homebuilt boats is to find the right person, the amount will be what it is, knowing it gets to a good home will make you feel better in the long run than the money. I hope for you someone here on the forum could be that person.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”