new the forum and first time boat builder

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Ed Phillips

Re: new the forum and first time boat builder

Post by Ed Phillips »

Thanks Matt, and yes my grandson and all is friends sure seem to like to ride in it.
As I said before I am definitely not an advocate of government intervention or oversight but I agree with you, I think I could have nail a 2 X 4 pine frame together, sheeted it with OSB, and caulked the seams and the SOS wouldn't have batted an eye at it as long as I paid taxes on the materials.

spiceagent11

Post by spiceagent11 »

I chose to build the Pee Wee for my 5 year old grandson and was in the process of cutting and laying out all the frame sections when I came across an area I need some guidance on. I have completed the stem and held it together with screws but have not glued it yet. I have also cut and screwed together the breasthook, as well as notched the bottom section for the stem, but have not glued it. (see pic) I have cut the strongback and was looking into how it is attached and that's where my troubles began.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Your picture did not appear.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

You will have to have 3 approve post for posting picture. Sorry. Just the rules

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Ed Phillips

Post by Ed Phillips »

Hi spiceagent11
I have included a number of frame pictures earlier in my posts and a couple directly addressing the Breasthook, Frame, Strongback and their intersections so you may find your answer in one of those pictures. If not maybe you can describe your troubles and maybe I can help you out that way?

Ed

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”