New member from Sechelt, British Columbia.

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Dan S

New member from Sechelt, British Columbia.

Post by Dan S »

I purchased a 36' Glen L Odyssea about 4 years ago and am in constant restoration mode. The boat was originally built on Vancouver Island and for the last 15 years has been home on the Sechelt Inlet. The boat was converted a few years ago by the previous owner after a fire almost destroyed her. The boat was lengthened and now measures just under 40' stem to stern. Since purchasing the boat I have rebuilt the V berth, middle berth, galley, partial head and now redoing the complete dining area.
She is powered by a 4 cylinder John Deer diesel producing about 80 hp and cruises at 6 to 7 kn at 1700 rpm. At the present time we are living on the boat and will be until the fall.
Looking forward to some conversations with fellow boaters.
Dan and Joyce
Wandering Star ll
Sechelt, BC

Bill Edmundson

Re: New member from Sechelt, British Columbia.

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Dan and Joyce

Welcome! We don't have a lot of forum members with boats that size. But, many of us have worked on the sub-systems. We all would like to see pictures!

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

watkibe

Post by watkibe »

Welcome !
I had a house on Bowen Island and sailed on Howe Sound, so I am vaguely familiar with your area. Love to see pictures of your project.
From the Great Pacific Northwest !

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Welcome to the forum. Your project sounds fascinating. I'm sure we'd all love to see and hear more about it.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

jenko

Post by jenko »

sounds great would love to see some pictures :D

Shaunh

Post by Shaunh »

Hi there.

I met a couple, Mary and Mark, a few weeks ago. They are from BC and spend a lot of time living on a boat. Seems to be the thing in your area! Your boat sounds great, as the others have said, love to see some pictures.
cheers
Shaun

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”