New member from Brisbane, Australia

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

NeilA

New member from Brisbane, Australia

Post by NeilA » Wed Jul 24, 2019 11:08 am

Good morning

Introducing myself as a new member from Brisbane, Australia.

This is my first ever posting on a forum of any kind and my first ever attempt at boat building so I’m very excited yet slightly hesitant about where this journey might take me. I’ve recently finished an AC Cobra motor vehicle build which took approximately 2 1/2 years to complete. I’m now after my next major challenge.

I would welcome any advice as I’m totally new to any form of fabrication particularly timber and anything to do with boat design and building.

Initially I’m thinking I’ll invest in a design of a desired boat from the Glen L range and compliment them with some of their proposed books to give me a bit of an entree into what I am embarking on.

Looking forward to the journey ahead and welcome any comments to get me started

Kind regards
Neil

hoodman

Re: New member from Brisbane, Australia

Post by hoodman » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:17 pm

Welcome! Get the books, do your homework, and you'll be good to go. Feel free to ask questions.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Tony Hain

Post by Tony Hain » Thu Jul 25, 2019 10:56 am

Hi Neil
The Glen-L "Boatbuilding with plywood" is a must. Simple to read and step by step. Then think what you really want from a boat. Once you start the people on the forum are great and will help you with any problems you have. I'm building a Tahoe 23. If you are ever up Gympie way feel free to call in.
Tony Hain
"Never under-estimate the bounds of human stupidity" (Robert Heinlein)
and on a more optimistic note "nor the capacity for human brilliance"

ian bell

Post by ian bell » Sat Jul 27, 2019 3:01 pm

G,day Neil .I'm from Chambers Flat 4133. Welcome to Glen-l .I have built the Renegade with a 350 marine chev and a sterndrive, and you can come and have a look. Another builder Alan (ozzieboat) is at Cornubia who built the Monaco with a v8 Lexan motor.
Ian
Last edited by ian bell on Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:50 am

Welcome Neil! I'm glad you joined our Forum and I love it that some of our Australian builders have chimed in. What a great group!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”