Stiletto build in Central Wisconsin

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

PadrePoint

Stiletto build in Central Wisconsin

Post by PadrePoint »

I retired in the start of 2020 and built a 15 foot B&B Yachts sailboat in three months. I bought their full kit; a great and satisfying way to go. This is my build-blog
https://messing-about.com/forums/topic/ ... %E2%80%9D/

This is my younger son’s first solo sailing of the 15 foot Norma T.

I will soon begin a new build, the Glen-L Stiletto. I bought the plans shortly after grad school; it’s time to use them.

I built a Glen-L Tiny Titan in 8th grade for my dad’s 5 hp Seahorse and the TNT in 10th and 11th grade for a 30 hp Johnson I’d bought.

PadrePoint

Re: Stiletto build in Central Wisconsin

Post by PadrePoint »

I’ve had my Stiletto frames done for a while and recently built the building form (raised 10 inches off the floor for a more comfortable working height.)

I planned to begin working in my garage in March, but since my new 60 hp Honda motor came in, I decided to move things ahead a month. Today, I dismantled the building form in the basement and reassembled it in my garage. I now have a 38,000 BTU heater that quickly brings the garage from 40 to above 50 (a space heater keeps it at 40 degrees.) The frames are now mounted and the stem/breast hook have been glued to the keel. I will add the transom knee tomorrow and likely add the transom. Then, I can install sheer clamps and chine logs.

Pictures will come soon.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”