New Member in Northern NJ

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

After Berner

New Member in Northern NJ

Post by After Berner »

Howdy all. I've been lurking on the website and this board for some time.

I've been looking at the various pictures, videos, builds, etc, and have narrowed down to building either the TNT or the Bullet. They seem quite similar and I'm hoping some of you will help me understand what the difference is between them (other than the obvious slight size difference.)

Also, as a first-time boat builder, should I consider building the Dyno Mite instead? Seems like a simpler build with the stitch and glue.

My priorities are: two seats, not-excessively-bumpy ride (for the wife), will move out reasonably well with a 9.9HP motor if on a lake that has restrictions.

Thanks!

DrBryanJ

Re: New Member in Northern NJ

Post by DrBryanJ »

Welcome A.B. If you don't mind saying, where in Northern NJ are you? I'm in Pompton Plains. I can't help you with picking a design, but I can help with sourcing lumber. I'm not the best builder on the forum, but if you need help, I'm willing.
Bryan

Building a malahini "Mona Lisa"

My wife said "If I build a boat, she's getting a divorce."
We're still happily married, but now she just wants "the dam boat out of the garage."

After Berner

Re: New Member in Northern NJ

Post by After Berner »

Thanks for your note, Bryan. I'm in Berkeley Heights, which means we're practically neighbors. I keep two smallish sailboats at Spruce Run. I'll take you up on your offer for help sourcing lumber once I make a decision. I'm leaning toward the TNT, but that Bullet shape is darned sexy!

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”