Thank you for letting me join you

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Mahogany Notch

Thank you for letting me join you

Post by Mahogany Notch »

Good evening from historic Portsmouth England

I would like to thank you all for letting me join your club, My name is John Harkness and i live in the UK home town Portsmouth home of the HMS Victory and Mary Rose. I have spent the last 44 years around boats and the sea, along the way learning off master craftsmen mainly my father and his friends.. they all served traditional time served boat building apprenticeships and i am lucky to have such knowledge and skill set to learn from they sadly truly a dying breed.

My ultimate goal is to eventually embark on the journey of my very own scratch built boat, i have watched many videos and studied lots of building logs and soon hope to build my own boat.

My own wood working skills are limited but i believe i can get myself to a level where i can satisfy my own worse critic... myself.

thank you again all i will continue to quietly admire and study all this fantastic work here

John aka Mahogany Notch :D
Better to have tried and failed than to never have tried at all....

Roberta

Re: Thank you for letting me join you

Post by Roberta »

Welcome aboard, John! Lots of help and ideas here. Post pictures and ask away.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Hercdrvr

Re: Thank you for letting me join you

Post by Hercdrvr »

Welcome aboard, extensive wood working skills are not a requirement to build a boat.
Matt B

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”