Nimrod in Perth, Australia

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Basothobryn

Nimrod in Perth, Australia

Post by Basothobryn »

Hi everyone,
Just wanted to say thanks to Glen-l and the wonderful community they have created. After a good 2 years of ogling over the wonderful craft people have created using the plans available I was jumping with joy to see my plans for the nimrod had been delivered today. My wonderful mum was nearly excited as I when they were delivered, I should imagine her neighbours were less so, as I will be building it in her garage. TBF they should thank their lucky stars that my dad passed away a few years ago. If he was still around we would have installed a thickness planer, bandsaw, table saw and any other machinery needed already. As is I will be forced to travel to the local mens shed to dimension lumber and will have to try my best to keep noise down. ie hand planes and battery drill. I have already built my strong back (1 year ago) and I am so amped to get on with my boat I even built the seats (1 month ago). Not the ordinary way I know, but when I drove past a house where some heathen had thrown out a blue gum bed (eucalyptus tree) my boat building mind went into overdrive and I knew exactly how it could be repurposed. In closing I would like to thank all the builders who have taken their time to document their progress, it has certainly helped me get to grips with the job at hand. I will certainly try my best to at least take the odd photo and point out where I went kaput. Many thanks and keep those blades sharp, bryn

Roberta

Re: Nimrod in Perth, Australia

Post by Roberta »

Welcome aboard and good luck.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Basothobryn

Post by Basothobryn »

Thanks Roberta. You and carls dedication to this forum was certainly a deciding factor in my decision to purchase plans from Glen L. The other factor being I could think of nothing worse than building a boat from lifted/stolen plans off the internet and finding it impossible to register, licence or insure. Your boat is awesome, I saw a clip on youtube yesterday of it. I built kitchens for 4 years and I doubt we ever got a door to close Like your engine hatch did.

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Thank you! You will be pleased with any Glen L design and find much helpful information on the forum. Enjoy the build.

Roberta :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”