Bingo, Launch Planned Sat Sept 19th

A place to celebrate your first launch with video and/or photos

Moderator: ttownshaw

Mark45

Bingo, Launch Planned Sat Sept 19th

Post by Mark45 »

Thought I would throw a few pics of whats up with this boat. Im getting excited about launching next Sat. Thanks for everyone's help. Whenever I asked, people always answer and Its worked out great, thanks again.

Just installed the Carpet today, and I am currently still working on varnishing the back pieces. It will be a slide out for the aft deck to get to the tank and so on.

Ran the motor today on muffs and it purr's like a kitten.

It will be launched on Lancaster Bay, Chemong Lake, Ontario Canada, I know most on here from the U.S. but would be nice to see someone close by in a wood boat. Have not seen any on my lake in the last 10yrs. Wish me luck. and thanks again.

Mark
Attachments
IMG_2748.jpg
IMG_2753.jpg
IMG_2747.jpg

upspirate

Re: Bingo, Launch Planned Sat Sept 19th

Post by upspirate »

Looks great...it'll be a blast!

Mark45

Post by Mark45 »

Hi Everyone, just got around to getting this in.

Finally got the boat in the water, Location from Ont, Canada, City of Peterborough. The Lake, Chemong Lake in the Kawartha's.

The launch went well, of course the boat floated...duh. The performance was better than I thought. At first when the boat hit the water, I thought it would displace more water at the aft but I was surprised it only took about 7-8" to float. There is no foam in the hull. It sat nice in the water.

The hull topped out @ 56kph or about (35mph) with 2 adults weighing 320lbs combined. It was really porpoising badly so I changed to +trim on the thrust pin, 1st pin from the transom, (started out on the second pin) and it went away completely, that was nice. Doing that, lost about 3kph but it was a nice ride.

The engine is Johnson 1985 30HP Twin. It does need work because after about an hour or so of running, It would lose and gain rpm with the throttle wide open. I've changed the tank and fuel line, pumped the bulb while running, and pushed in the choke while running, and no difference it seams. If anyone has any ideas or ever went through that, I would appreciate and help, thanks.

But overall, the boat performed better than expected. Thanks for every ones help throughout this build. This was my first boat, (a lot funner than building bookcases) and I can see another one day popping up.

I wanted to add 3 pics, but I guess only allowed one. Here's hoping everyone has an enjoyable and great build, no matter what they do.

From Canada, looking forward to next summer!!!
Attachments
IMG_2818.jpg

Mark45

Post by Mark45 »

oops sorry, move to launch ramp if u want.

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow »

Congratulations, Mark.

it looks great.

If you have more photos, you could post them in Launch Ramp.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

Dave Grason

Post by Dave Grason »

Why in the world did you ever decide to go all the way up to Canada to launch your boat?

Oh wait...... my wife is talking to me. Hang on.....

Well duh, she says you probably LIVE there. :oops:

Ok, all kidding aside, many congrats on finally getting it in the water. That must be a great feeling that I personally am really looking forward to. I know that the first time Miss Connie and I went to Guntersville to scope out potential places for the Gathering, we met up with Bill Edmundson and he showed us photos of his boat in progress. Then the following year, when we had the first Gathering, his boat was there unfinished. Then this past year he had it in the water and even I was proud as I could be on his behalf. Oh yeah, it just makes it all worth while.
Isn't it amazing!! The person that never has the fortitude to pursue his own dreams, will be the first to try and discourage you from pursuing yours.

Oyster

Post by Oyster »

Great work, You shold be able to add several photos to your message using the built in feature. Its also possible that you do have some gas issues if your engine has set up in the current gas issues that we are seeing especially with the new gas formulas and all.

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Congratulations,Looks great

Was the tank vent open?

RayB

Post by RayB »

Nice job Mark! I love that last picture from the stern. The boat sits in the water real nice; it looks like it just wants to GO.

Ray B.

SkinnySKiff

Post by SkinnySKiff »

Gratz on completion. That boat looks like lots of fun. Turned out nice.

Mark45

Post by Mark45 »

vent was open, tank and line were replaced. New line. Maybe a small hole in one of the fuel lines under the cover leading to carb. I will more than likely work on it next spring since its getting a little late here and the weather is turning fast. I'll see if I can attach a few more pictures.
Attachments
IMG_2802.jpg
IMG_2801.jpg
IMG_2771.jpg

Return to “Launching Ramp”