2008 Gathering

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

We also were grabbing cabins last January. Leakcheck held 6 until late summer.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

Have we decided on a date & place yet(I guess I'm still too excited!)

narduccimarine

Post by narduccimarine »

I'm all in for any date and place, although it would be hard to beat the Guntersville state park. But what ever we do, please dont anyone try to interfere with Steves plans !
Steve, please ignore anyone who gives you any flack. I'll send some enforcers to take care of them.
Bob
I just don't understand, I cut that plank twice and its still too short
http://www.narduccimarine.freehosting.net

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Thanks Bob ...do they look like this: 8) and they break peoples knees??

I feel so badly that your grandkids didnt get to ride in the tugboat. While your son had it tied to his jeep I wish he had dropped it into the water and let them ride it around !...Well, there is always next year..i have plenty of time to get the HIN for it and make it totally legal. I was kinda hoping to get a picture with Gayle in it but she didnt offer...shoot, she didnt even give me a hug when we all left, guess my chiicken wasnt THAT good ! :wink:

I am going to perfect my bacon wrapped shimp...dont know whether broiling or deep frying would be better..

Steve

Let's get the date so we can grab all the cabins.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

News FLash:

Guntersville is OUT for next year (Unless we use the same weekend)

The cabins are totally booked for April, May, June, July, August, September and the first three weeks in October..the only time all cabins are available is October 24/25. Otherwisw there are times when five are available and April 11/12 7 are available April 25/26 5 available. (Chalets are always available)

As a group we can book two years in advance. Do you think we should maybe make this a two year gathering ??

Steve

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

We are in for whatever date

hydrabass

Post by hydrabass »

What about this lodge that is being rentivated , did anybody check it out ,it might be open for next year. Is it that huge structure up on top of the mountain above the cabins , i meant to go up there and look .
Jeff

gaffrig24

Post by gaffrig24 »

I think fall is the best time for the Gathering. Spring is more likely to be rainy...wouldn't that be a nice change around here. Maybe moving it to earlier in October would be warmer. Whenever it is I hope to be there, maybe with a Glen-L design this time. I just ordered the study plans for the Bullseye. I'm looking for a boat that I can have a group build and get a sailing fleet together in my area. I'd like to get 6 going at once over the course of 2 or 3 months. I'm not sure if the bullseye can be done that fast, guess I'll have to build one and see.

On another note, the Backyard Yacht Builders is planning an event for June 20-22, 2008 at Hart State Park on Lake Hartwell GA. It's become an annual event for us now and this year I hope will be our biggest yet. We have activities for the kids to do including building model boats and this year we plan on a cardboard boat race. The kids design and build boats from cardboard, strips of wood and lots of duct tape. They put them in the water and paddle around a course to the finish line, hopefully before sinking. It's a great family event and we would love to have some of you folks in the SE join us with your boats. Steve, your tug would be perfect for rescuing sinking cardboard captains and towing their boats back to shore. I hope to see some of you there

Keith

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Being a NO-SHOW I probably don't have a vote, but I would vote for booking rooms now for late October 2008, then if in a few weeks things change then such can be cancelled.

Family comes first, but it was a hard pill to swallow not being there after I had thrashed so hard.

I am willing to book NOW, and open for suggestions from you that were there as to, WHAT type room, etc that Sharon and I should BOOK?

Dale in Indy

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

Leakcheck,

I'm so sorry we didn't get to say goodbye--I thought you were going to be down at the boat ramp area. We went to the campground and talked to Tom Drake's wife for quite a bit, but he wasn't there either--he called today and it turns out he was at the pavillion looking for us! Anyway, we got a few more photos of the Irish Rose and of Bob's Sea Knight which was in the water and I got a closer look at Keith's boat. Then, we went back to the boat ramp and still no one was there, so we had to leave to catch our plane.

Actually, we passed you on the way out, but nobody in our group saw you but me. I apologize to many of you that we didn't say proper goodbyes. We intended to, but couldn't seem to find anyone when it was time to go.
So, I owe you a hug... period... nothing else. :D

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Gayle,

I went back to the cabins once I found everyone had left the launching area. John was still in our cabin so I went in a talked with him for a while. I was a little depressed that you did not say good bye to me.

He consoled me and told me he knew exactly why you scooted out without a good bye..he told me that there was no way you would have been able to stop at a hug with me, and since your John was there, I now understand.

He said there could be no other explanation!

Steve

PS..That's my story and i am sticking to it ! I have to tell you one thing really wicked seriously though...I really like your husband, what a stand-up guy, I wish I had spoken with him earlier. We have so much in common...ahhhh..THAT's why you fell in love with him...funny how everything all comes together !

I will leave you alone until next year !!

PPS..I really do appologize if at any time I was out of line (a public apology !! whoa)...but I don't think I said anything I did not mean!!
(Accept the shopping with a uterus thing...I guess I can shop without one) :wink: :wink:

PPPPPPPSSSSSS...Nice jeans! :oops: Did I tell you I do embroidery?

Okay..someone tell me if we are booking for next year and I will call and lock up the cabins...15 available right now.

PPPSSSSSPS If you guys want to do the Chatanooga run I will hang a 60 horse off the back of the tug, that should give me enough to keep up with yhou..I will probalby get beat to death..but I'm game ! Let me know !

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Keith, remind me about that event when it gets closer ! That sounds like fun.

Steve

Gayle Brantuk

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

One more thing Steve... since your son is out here at Pepperdine, I expect you to stop by the office when you're in town next time! We're only about an hour+ from Malibu... nice drive too (until you get to Bellflower!).

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Sorry Gayle, I will stop by next time. I was out there on the Harley just a couple of months ago too. Won't miss it next time !

Steve

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Dale,

I hope everything is well with your family. Your priorities were in order and that is what counts.

Gayle wishes you were there to keep me in line, but, trust me..she can handle herself just fine! We hope to see you at the next one !

Steve

Return to “Gathering 2008”