2008 Gathering

Falcon

spring :ice breaker"

Post by Falcon »

mid to Late april..warm an away from holidays
Falcon
Be who you are, say what you want those that mind don't matter an those that matter wont mind.
http://s91.photobucket.com/albums/k299/falcon6667/

kens

Post by kens »

Why not Guntersville in late October. Get the cabins just like we did, if that is the only dates available, so be it. That gives us all a full year to do projects.

Another thought is, Florida in April. I think the snowbirds pull out in March, and April down there is nice and warm, but not swealtering hot.
Any takers for Fla. in April?

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

NOT to be pushy, I want to book whether or not the GATHERING is set for late October 2008 or not, but I want to book ,NOW. If the Gathering is moved or date changed I can either keep, or cancel, but want to get my name on such NOW.

Have any rooms/cabins been, GROUP BOOKED AS OF THIS DATE? I saw the post by Steve regarding availablity for Oct 24/25th. 2008, and wonder?

Also is there a room or cabin type that someone is suggesting?

Thank You,

Dale in Indy

BruceDow

Post by BruceDow »

My vote would be for late October again...

(I don't think my boat will be ready be April)

B.
Bruce.

~~ Do what you love, and love what you do. ~~
~~ To me - only my boat is not yet perfect. Everybody else's is to be admired for I know the path they have walked (Dave Lott, 2010) ~~
Dow's Monaco Project

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

All fifteen cabins are available for that weekend in October.

I will have to speak with Patty in resevations and find out if there is any group discount available this time. There are some catches with booking as a group as they relate to cancellations. But I think we will be safe until Monday, until I can speak with her and find out the specifics. If there is no cancellation penalty I will just book all the cabins at once.

Then we will have to really decide if that is where we are going to be.

Florida sounds doable to me, I know nothing about the lakes and rivers there or are you thinking the big pond?

Steve

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Another possibility for those of us who might come stag again. Those are good roomy cabins. We can really save on the money side by having at least three people in each cabin. There are two separate bedrooms plus the large living area. Heck, we could easily put six or eight people in one too. All a matter of how much privacy you want.

I think I am inclined to vote for Guntersville in October at least one more time, until we really get this thing down pat, then we might be able to move it around. If we can get it to grow just a bit..and maybe get UPSpirate to get off his butt and build a boat..or at least get his buddies boat running so we can really beat the daylights out of it !

October will be here before you know it.

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I'm an October Fan. but, I'd like to hear from some more of the long distance travelers.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Nova SS

Post by Nova SS »

Well, October would be best for us as we're hoping to have the Rebel built for the next Gathering and having it in the fall would give us some extra time. BUT a spring one would just make me have to get off my butt and get at it. :wink:
Last edited by Nova SS on Mon Nov 05, 2007 6:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Alrightythen...I have just selected the door prize for the next Gathering !! Oh, this is going to be gooooooooooood !!!!!1

Steve

Lewis Barrett

Post by Lewis Barrett »

Same time and place works for me. Hopefully, I would have a finished boat by then.

David

upspirate

Post by upspirate »

leakcheck wrote:Alrightythen...I have just selected the door prize for the next Gathering !! Oh, this is going to be gooooooooooood !!!!!1

Steve
What other boat kits do you have that you are not building?

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

leakcheck, did you have time to check with the girl on the rooms?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

p.s. Don't you like PUSHY people?

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I think it looks like the same weekend in October. The main thing is to tie up the Lake Cabins. Everything else can be worked on.

The lodge is behind schedule about a year (Our government at work.). Just found asbestos and mold.

If there is a move to spring of 2009, we need to start looking at that soon. The most central eastern location looks like it's on up the Tennessee River near Knoxville.

I'm lazy and it being near me is not a problem. But, we had people come 1000 miles+.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Dale,

Sorry, I am just getting in..I programed her # into my cell phone and didnt have a second to call her today..will call her first thing in the morning and report back immediately.

Steve

Patty in reservations takes the group reservations, i just want to check and see what the difference is between single and group reservations.

Steve

If there is no difference I will just call and reserve another seven or eight for myself and see what shakes out.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

French fries are back in for the Gathering...I have to have the fryer there for the bacon wrapped shrimp so what the heck !!

Oh,, Shoooot we havent started the food heading yet !!

Steve

Return to “Gathering 2008”