2008 Gathering

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Called to speak with Patty and she is out today, she will give me a call tomorrow.

Steve

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Well, you is, the MAN, leakcheck.

The WORLD is watching you. :P

Dale in Indy

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I talked with Kens this afternoon. Ken had talked with Guntersville and they told him "no group rate". They take reservations with a credit card. But, they do not charge a deposit until about 2 days before arrival and no cancellation fee. Ken has booked a Lake Cabin 10/24 & 25/08.

I think this is our best bet for next year. Unless somebody can come up with a better option (soon), I say let's go for it for 2008.

For spring 2009, some body might check Lake Point Marina at Lake Eufaula, Alabama. It is also a state park with similar facilities to Guntersville. It would need to be booked early as this is a big Bass Fishing lake. It is located on the the Alabama-Georgia line near
Florida. Good access from interstates. Atlanta, Alabama and Florida are in water wars over the Chattahoochee River. Lake levels are very low this year.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Bill,

Patty is going to call me tomorrow. I just want to know what the difference is between group booking and individual booking. It looks as if there is only a negative if booked by a group as there might be a cancellation penalty, but not sure until SHE tells me. Otherwise I will book a bunch like I did this year, and hold them until it gets closer as there is no penalty for cancellation.

I just dont understand what incentive is to book as a group ...well, I will know tomorrow.

Steve

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Steve,

I was in and out all day. Two hours at random drug testing... I had just been..

Anyway, I wasn't keeping up.

The point is we need to tie up the Lake Cabins pretty soon. I know that you know this. I'm just trying together everyone on one page.

I'm pretty flexible on the whole thing. But, the window on any options is passing. Last year, we never thought we would have as big of a group. (I'll still don't!)

Let's know what you find out.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

I just sent a E-mail to the park advising that I will be calling them tomorrow to make our reservation for October 24 & 25, 2008 for a lake cabin.

Their phone number is 800 548-4553 for anyone interested.

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

John Bowen

Post by John Bowen »

Heck, I suppose I could share a cabin with that Steve again :shock: I didn't hear him snorrrrr none. Good thing he was on the other side :roll: :wink: He don't like doing the dishes though (let alone cleaning up all those chicken bits all over the stove/counter) :shock: Oh yah, about all those candy wrappers............

For those that don't know, those cabins are big enofe to share with others. The bedrooms are on either end with thair own bath each. One with a king bed and the other with two full beds. Thair just plain nice. Ya might want ta bring your own frying pan though, the one in ours was trashed. Coffee pot worked great and evan had two pouches of good coffee.

Might want to think about a 3 or 4 day'er out of this Gathering. This last one just went to damn fast!
One day.

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

John, I laid in bed all day waiting for the maid and she never showed either !

:oops:

Steve

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Am I the ONLY one that wonders, ARE JOHN, and LEAKCHECK, TWIN BROTHERS?

It will be worth the price of the trip, JUST, to see them TWINS in action. :P

ONLY, a mother could love them TWO. :wink: :lol:

Dale in Indy

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

John and I were separated at birth...but we are once again UNITED !!!

(I promise to clean up my chicken next time...if you promise to help me clean and cut the damn stuff !!!! )

Hey, just for everyones information I have reserved 12 cabins or 15 I cannot rremember...sooooo...... FOR A NOMINAL FEE>... :twisted: I might be conned into releasing some of them to my boat building buddies...

Patty is emailing me with the reservation numbers today, when she does I will get the information to you guys so that, as last time, the guys from Glen-L will have the first crack at them...as I said I have all that were left so we are good to go at the cabins for the weekend of the 26th or someting like that.

And I found out the only difference for group reservations is:

Individuals can book one year in advance, groups can book TWO years in advance.

Individuals can cancel about 72 hours prior, groups have to cancel one month prior for there to be no penalty.

So, there is no need for anyone to panic yet, we have them sewn up.

Now if I can only find my 3.5 lb chickens instead of those five pound monsters it will all be complete !!

Steve

Hey, didnt I clean up all the chicken ??/ Dang , must have had one Michelob Amber Boch too many...I know I ate all the candy !

Hey John, Let's try to get the Canuks in our cabin next time...they make a mean breakfast and i bet they do laundry !!

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

I called and confirmed my E-mail reservation a few minutes ago, and the nice lady said she has received other Glen-L calls yesterday and this morning. She is hoping to get everyone grouped close to each other. :)

Dale in Indy

Bill E

Post by Bill E »

I was just thinking... if any NON-Glen-L-ers have cabins reserved for that weekend, maybe Patty could warn them about our group and they'd be scared off, freeing up more space for us! She'd definitely have to keep quiet about the free gumbo, chicken, pancakes, etc., however.

Also, for those who didn't attend, the cabins really are nice accommodations. I didn't stay in one, but I did "borrow" the facilities a few times. Now that more of us know each other, or at least know what to expect of each other :shock: , I agree that we could pack more people per cabin, especially for the stags in the group. This first time around, everything was unknown, but next time it'll be more of a reunion. For a group of people with such different backgrounds, we all got along incredibly well because of our common interest: FOOD. And Glen-L boats, of course. :)
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

Smith Brother

Post by Smith Brother »

Bill E., DON'T FORGET, the ENTERTAINMENT, John and leakcheck. Also the fries that will have that SHRIMP taste, :wink:

Probably worth the price of the trip, DON'T YOU THINK?

Dale in Indy

Bill E

Post by Bill E »

Absolutely worth the price of the trip, even getting only 10 mpg pulling the Catalina! Of course, weigh that against the cost of a cabin, and I probably just about broke even or better, especially multiplied out for two people.

There certainly was no shortage of entertainment in its MANY forms.... Get a coupla yankees yelling at each other about whose Sox stink, that's pretty good entertainment right there for a bunch o' Southern folk.
Bill Eason -- Atlanta, GA
Got my Malahini plans Christmas 2007! (The book arrived Jan 3...)
Found the 1957 Thompson Sea Lancer Jan 9... :-/ Bought it Jan 21!

leakcheck

Post by leakcheck »

Hey, who's sox are looking good now ? (Not to mention the Pats!!)...and he even had his kids, Keenan and Karley giving me crap about them!! ..He is all hot air...no wonder he plays the bag pipes...I should have brought my unicycle !!

Cant wait for the Gathering !

Steve

PS...I'm not going unless Gayle goes !

Return to “Gathering 2008”