Glen-L Carries Epoxies for Your Project

Problems, how to use. Also see: "EPOXY", in the left-hand column of the Home page.

Moderators: Bill Edmundson, ttownshaw

Gayle Brantuk

Glen-L Carries Epoxies for Your Project

Post by Gayle Brantuk »

For over 40 years, Glen-L has provided our proprietary epoxy specifically for the amateur boat builder: our "Poxy-Shield" multi-purpose laminating resin and "Poxy Grip" structural adhesive. We also stock System Three SilverTip epoxies and products as well. We appreciate your business so we can continue to provide this Forum and all the other resources available at Glen-L. You can order epoxy via our online store

Conrad

Re: Glen-L Carries Epoxies for Your Project

Post by Conrad »

Forgive my ignorance. I used poxy grip on all the building joints or mating areas. I have poxy shield to encapsulate the hull. Do I need to thicken the poxy shield when putting on the cloth? Do I need to encapsulate prior to laying the cloth on?

John
Keep your lines tight!

Conrad

Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? Ecc 7:13 :)

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

Poxy Shield should not be thickened when using as a sealer or fiberglassing. A seal coat prior to fiberglassing is a good idea to prevent the wood from sucking up the resin during the initial wetout to prevent starving of the cloth, which causes dry spots. Apply a seal coat and lay the cloth down on it while the resin is in the "green stage". This occurs after a few hours when the resin is slightly tacky and not fluid. Should be done within 24 hours.

I put the sealcoat on in the early morning and lay up the cloth in the late afternoon.

Roberta
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

Conrad

Post by Conrad »

Thanks!
Roberta wrote:
Sun Nov 24, 2019 6:45 am
Poxy Shield should not be thickened when using as a sealer or fiberglassing. A seal coat prior to fiberglassing is a good idea to prevent the wood from sucking up the resin during the initial wetout to prevent starving of the cloth, which causes dry spots. Apply a seal coat and lay the cloth down on it while the resin is in the "green stage". This occurs after a few hours when the resin is slightly tacky and not fluid. Should be done within 24 hours.

I put the sealcoat on in the early morning and lay up the cloth in the late afternoon.

Roberta
Keep your lines tight!

Conrad

Consider what God has done: Who can straighten what he has made crooked? Ecc 7:13 :)

Return to “Epoxy”