Gathering update

Another one in the books...

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

Gayle Brantuk

Re: Gathering update

Post by Gayle Brantuk » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:01 pm

Joel-n-Kathy - I'm sorry we missed you as well because we share a grief and it would be wonderful to see "Jess" in person. I'm really glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves, but not surprised. I always say that boatbuilders are awesome people and I really mean it! I'm thankful to be able to talk to many of you on a daily basis.

CaptDave--thanks for clarifying the Minuet builders and for that awesome photo of the 2 boats together. Plus, the dock photo is great too.

Barrett--Appreciate the confirmation and additional photo

Taco bar, Baklava AND Neel's awesome spaghetti--WOW!

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:05 am

Here are some pictures I took
Attachments
20190913_101254.jpg
20190913_101248.jpg
20190913_100616.jpg

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson » Fri Sep 20, 2019 3:12 am

A couple more
Attachments
20190910_120627.jpg
SOMETHING WRONG HERE !!
20190913_144424.jpg

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson » Tue Sep 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Sorry I've been out for a few days. My hard drive started crashing. Then I had to find everything again.

My thoughts on this years Gathering:
We had a smaller group. But all great people.
With the new owner some things have changed.

First the positive. The RV area was much cleaner and the were no dogs just wondering around. The floating restaurant is under new management and is being cleaned up, it needed it. Our floating cabin was clean and there were no spider/cob webs on the back porch. Septic pump out is much improved. The old rotting boats over by the old powerhouse have been removed. Internet access is much better.

Now the negative: The bumpers on the edge of the dock were in really bad shape! The store and fuel dock were rarely open. You had to go across the parking lot to the office to request someone to come down and open. The office wasn't open in the evening anyway. We saw several people give up on the fuel dock and leave.

Regardless... several of us have said to give the new guy one more chance. There is a new option up above Chattanooga. It has some short comings too.

Just my take,
Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

riplash

Post by riplash » Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:13 pm

Hello Everybody,

I just wanted to post a quick note saying that Marta and I had a great time at the Gathering. If we could have scheduled our vacation one more day later or longer it would have been even better. We had to leave Saturday afternoon because both Marta and Myself had to work on Sunday, so we missed the Taco bar and all the shenanigans that happened on Saturday night. Going to the gathering made Marta really excited about building our boat.

We both have been swamped with work since we got back, and have only done a little actual wood cutting on our boat, However the loft space in the shop where I am going to assemble the frame is done enough that I can start using it. This week I am using the "new space" to build a stand up paddleboards with off cuts of wood from the frames of the Calypso, and I am excited to have a space to work.

Marta took plenty of pictures, and we will probably post some pictures of the gathering here and on a blog soon, now that we have a tiny bit of free time.

-Cheers,
Ryan "Rip" Lash

Return to “Gathering 2019”