Suggestion For Gathering

Another Wonderful Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders is in the History Books.
Read all about it here!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

mrintense

Suggestion For Gathering

Post by mrintense »

Okay first off, I know that I have never attended the gathering. It's just not something I've been able to do yet. However, I do enjoy the camaraderie and fun that these types of events provide. And I always enjoy seeing the pictures every year.

As a suggestion, and I know this is not a substitute for being there, might I suggest a virtual gathering in photos and or video. Most of those not attending can still use their boats locally, so perhaps a short video of the local fun and or some pictures from a recent fun trip. Heck even some photos from previous gatherings would be cool.

Anyway, it's just a suggestion and feel free to ignore it if you want.
Carl

Crafting a classically styled Vera Cruise

Clipper Boating

parsj1957

Re: Suggestion For Gathering

Post by parsj1957 »

Regardless of one's personal decision about safety during this pandemic, this is a nice idea, as it would allow those of us who are geographically challenged (~4 day drive from SF), to participate also. Including folks like me who are still building!

Thanks J.
J.

kens

Post by kens »

this has been suggested before, and the G' has always been so busy that it never came together.
And, there is sketchy (or none) internet at hales bar
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

I'll try to make sure and take more videos and pictures this year. I had too good of a time last year and pretty much forgot about it.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Return to “Gathering 2020”