G15 Dates and Location

Time to Plan for the Next Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!
September 2021 will be here before you know it!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson, kens

AdamNMel

Re: G15 Dates and Location

Post by AdamNMel »

The whole Amundsen Gang booked one of the Loft cabins from Saturday the 18-26, look forward to seeing all then!

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

I looked at Bluewater on Google Earth , The map on Bluewater"s web site is grossly out of proportion . The closest dock is directly behind RV lot 34 ,not behind the river cabin as shown . When Google mapped the area. it appears there was a hay field where the lodge is now. The Lodge appears to be beyond the new RV lots on the other side of Shaver Rd. If you will be staying in the Lodge be prepared to walk good distance to get to the docks. I hope the Management will let us put up our tents near where the boats will be docked ,since the boats are the reason for gathering. The boats always get lots of attention, I know that everyone enjoys telling their story and showing their boats to everyone that staying there and people passing by. Only 11 1/2 mounts to go to G15 ! Wow my hair still had color at G1

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

Woops I missed the post about saving RV lot 34 to set up on that should be good

kens

Post by kens »

Actually, Bluewater is more centrally compact than it first appears.
Did you know that the walk from the end of the HB dock to the bathrooms was 240 yards? Walk the dock, past gas pumps, around the closed store, across parking lot, to a crummy bathroom. That's 480yds round trip.
.....According to google earth, the new venue pavillion to the dock is 500yards. But reality is only half that because there is bathrooms at both ends.
Bathrooms in pavillion and the store, and they are clean.
.....you can park your boat/trailer/car/truck anywhere, in front of your room, in front of the docks, by the pavillion, it don't matter.
no more off loading your 'stuff' down the ramp, around the closed store, around the gas pump, around the corner, and over your bed, to the float cabin.
.......I believe if you draw a circle 250yards Dia. you put ALL the rooms/pavillion/docks/whole shebang, inside a 250yd radius.
.....and, we got a golf cart to boot !!!!!
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

vupilot

Post by vupilot »

Yep, I still think with the boat ramp being right there by the docks and unloading your car right into your cabin, its overall going to feel like less shuffling around. You can leave your trailer at your cabin and drive your car back and forth to the docks. Any proper American would never walk 1/4 mile! :lol:

Butch Barto

Post by Butch Barto »

Gee Wiz sure was easy to make a reservation I sent a text to Pam and it was done . That was easy not like Hals Bar I had to call 10-15 times. I am ,hopeful this place will have the makings for a another great Gathering. We will need plenty of folding tables to set up on RV 34 for cooking and serving . The layout will be much easier for us we have always been in the RV park at HB thats why we always use our scooter to run back and forth to the docks. I have RV 35 witch is by the docks .A short walk from the spaghettis cabin, the store and boat ramp.

kens

Post by kens »

the G15 RV spot, I believe is #36, the end one on that small row, you can stand there and see the docks
Cool, your right next to it, some shrubs behind you & docks, small firepit between 35 & 36
If we could get a few more RV'ers, maybe we could block out that area between the spaghetti house & docks & dock parking & Neel's back yard!
spots 30-36 if we could lock that up, be awesome
Oak is over rated, everything about it takes extra time; then it warps, splits or checks !!! :roll:

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

I have held RV #36 for us,

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

Wait a minute..... You guys are all going to be in my back yard????

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

neel thompson wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 4:46 am
Wait a minute..... You guys are all going to be in my back yard????
I mean, that's the dream right?!
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Roberta

Post by Roberta »

G15 is shaping up to be EPIC! Let's hope we found a new home.

Roberta :D :D :D :D
Roberta "Queen of the Boat Builders"
Built Zip "Oliver IV", Super Spartan "Jimmy 70", and Torpedo "The Glen L".

kens

Post by kens »

RV spots 31 thru 36 are now reserved. #36 is thru Bill. #35 is Butch.
31-34 is open to members if they so choose to reserve
#30 is the (former) grounds keeper' RV. That is a RV rental being updated now, and has been requested to go to us when it comes on line.
I looked into archives and we had as many as 7 RV'ers in the past; so I called to lock up #30-36. (that whole RV row)

TomB

Post by TomB »

Roberta wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 6:31 am
G15 is shaping up to be EPIC!

Roberta :D :D :D :D
EPIC sound like fun. I'm in, reserved one of the duplex cabins. I'm looking forward to hanging out with everyone behind Neel's part of the afternoon and most of the night. :lol: :lol:

Tom
In the home stretch on a Tahoe 23

neel thompson

Post by neel thompson »

This is getting scary.. Happy to hear you're coming Tom... I am really looking forward to meeting you and seeing your masterpiece.

BayouBengal

Post by BayouBengal »

We're definitely coming! We've not reserved a spot yet because we just bought property in Jasper, TN to build our retirement home; so, we may be living there by then and will just commute over. In any event, we plan to attend.

BTW, even though Jasper is only about 15 minutes away from Hales Bar and 1.5 hours away to Bluewater, I'm still glad the Gathering has relocated.

Return to “Gathering 2021”