New member from Twin Cities, Minnesota

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

brockj

New member from Twin Cities, Minnesota

Post by brockj »

Hello all!

I am new a member to the forum. I have always had an affinity towards wooden boats (as well as older cars, outboards, etc), but have been hesitant to take the leap into owning one due to the challenges with maintaining old wooden boats. Then I started looking into a cedar strip canoe, but with having a smaller home and a wife who likes parking in the garage I knew I was limited. Then I stumbled upon the Squirt. Classic wooden boat looks, something I can build in my unfinished basement. I have already ordered and read Boatbuilding with Plywood, and am about to place an order for the Squirt plans. Just trying to make sure I understand everything before I jump into a project that might be over my head. I have been doing a lot of research, following through entire build posts on the forum trying to get a handle on what I am about to get myself into. I look forward to asking a lot of questions that have already been answered one hundred times!

- Joe

Bluesman

Re: New member from Twin Cities, Minnesota

Post by Bluesman »

Welcome! Sticking a toe in is a big leap but once you've committed it is highly enjoyable.

Started my Tahoe in June and loving every minute!
Attachments
20190922_205119.jpg
Tahoe - 21' under construction

LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of "Buffalo" Bill Cody and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

JimmY

Post by JimmY »

Hi Joe,

Sounds like you are doing it right, by doing some research and studying up front. Plenty of Squirt builders here on the forum to hep you along.

Enjoy!
-Jim
Nothing says poor craftsmanship like wrinkles in your duct tape!

twier

Post by twier »

Joe,

I am 2/3 through the build of a Zip and live in Plymouth MN. Feel free to contact me if you get stuck on something.

CarlM

Post by CarlM »

It's looking good Joe ! Keep it up and you will have a Boat.

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”