First boat

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Owen Sound

First boat

Post by Owen Sound »

Hi everyone,
I'm Peter King from Owen Sound, Ontario Canada.
Having recently retired, I'm now moving forward on fulfilling my dream of building my own boat. I've ordered the plans for the Sea Knight. I look forward to learning from the experiences of my fellow boatbuilders on this form .

acflynn

Re: First boat

Post by acflynn »

Welcome to the forum, Peter! The Sea Knight is a handsome and versatile express cruiser, providing a little bit of everything. There's plenty of help on the board. We look forward to following your journey.

- Andrew
Slowly building a Mist Miss in the Arizona desert

galamb

Post by galamb »

Welcome to the forum Peter.

Down the road in Toronto (Etobicoke) is a place called "Noah's Boatbuilding" (also have a good website). They carry everything you could possibly need for your build although their lumber prices are not the greatest - but they really are a "one stop" shop.
Graham

Yes, Plywood is "real" wood :)

A "professional" is someone who gets paid for their work - it doesn't necessarily mean they are good at it :)

hoodman

Post by hoodman »

Sea Knight is a great boat. It shares it's hull with the Geronimo, which I have built.
Matt

Building a Geronimo......!
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25139

Owen Sound

Post by Owen Sound »

:D
acflynn wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:15 pm
Welcome to the forum, Peter! The Sea Knight is a handsome and versatile express cruiser, providing a little bit of everything. There's plenty of help on the board. We look forward to following your journey.

- Andrew
Hi Andrew, thanks for the welcome! I'm patiently waiting for my plans to arrive ..... not easy when your chomping at the bit to get started. While waiting I've been spending a lot of time reading the various subject posts, looking for answers to the many questions that have come to mind . I've found the answers to many , and now feel very confident that the Sea Knight will be a great boat for my needs and abilities.

Peter

Owen Sound

Post by Owen Sound »

galamb wrote:
Wed Jul 15, 2020 9:10 pm
Welcome to the forum Peter.

Down the road in Toronto (Etobicoke) is a place called "Noah's Boatbuilding" (also have a good website). They carry everything you could possibly need for your build although their lumber prices are not the greatest - but they really are a "one stop" shop.
Thanks for the welcome Graham.
Yes, Noah's was added to my ever growing list of boat related bookmarks. The funny part is I grew up and worked in Etobicoke mere blocks from Noah's but never knew it was there.

Peter

Bill Edmundson

Post by Bill Edmundson »

Rick at Noah's is a pretty good guy. I've work with them a few times.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”