New/returning member

Here is where we get to welcome all new members.
New members please include your location - Other members close to you may be of great help in locating materials and other needs.

Moderator: Bill Edmundson

Feex

New/returning member

Post by Feex »

I think I introduced myself a while ago, but now that I am actually starting my project, I thought I would re-introduce myself. My name is Ed and I live in a small beachside town near Melbourne, FL (Indialantic). We have the Indian River inter-coastal waterway to our west and the Atlantic to our East. I've had my plans for about two years now, but had to build the garage, make room, find the tools, etc. to get started.

I am currently a Mechanical Engineer (oh, no, not another one of those!!) in the space industry. Over 31 years with them and 35 in the business. I have been a car guy all my life. What makes me want to build a boat, then, you ask? I've been a car guy all my life............!! Fell in love with the barrel backs while showing one of my concourse restorations at the Lake Mirror Concourse show back in 2009. There were several there on display and on the water. SHMBO got tired of the car gig, so I told her no more cars, how about a boat??!! So far, so good.

As of today, I have the first three frame pieces cut out and picked up some plywood today to start the gussets. and frame bottoms. Shout out to Reed at Boat Builder's Supply in Ft. Pierce! Great product, inventory and service!

OK, that's it for now! I'm sure you will be seeing me around the forums!!

Ed

Bluesman

Re: New/returning member

Post by Bluesman »

Welcome! You'll have great access to materials in that part of the country.
Tahoe - 21' under construction

LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of "Buffalo" Bill Cody and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

Feex

Post by Feex »

I do!! It's been fun exploring what's around here, from the Palm Beach area to Merritt Island. Nice Cobra. I built one back in the early 90's thinking I could start a business building and selling them. NOT! :oops:

Bluesman

Post by Bluesman »

Thanks! Yes, many others have made the presumption that building them would be a profitable venture, it isn't. The payback is enjoying the build and the ride, not the resale.
Attachments
20200905_181011.jpg
Tahoe - 21' under construction

LeClaire, IA - Birthplace of "Buffalo" Bill Cody and home of the American Pickers on The History Channel

Return to “New Members, Please Introduce Yourself”