Friday Night Festivities?

Hear & Discuss Everything that Happened at the 2016 Gathering of Glen-L Boatbuilders!

Moderators: Roberta, Bill Edmundson

MNC

Friday Night Festivities?

Post by MNC »

I'm planning on driving down from Knoxville Friday evening and will be staying at the tent campground in Marion County Park (only $10) Friday and Saturday night. My plan is to put my Utilty in at the park and motor up to HB marina for the meeting activities. I don't think I'll make it in time for dinner Friday but wanted to know if there will be people around the marina Friday night (9-10) enjoying libations and such? Also does anyone see any logistical problems with me boating up from MCP to HBM or would it be better just to drive the 3 miles to the marina and put in there?
Thanks in advance!
MarCo
Builder of Cruisette, Utility, Power-Row Skiff, Sabotina, Flat-Bottom Kayak, Kid Row
Bill Edmundson

Re: Friday Night Festivities?

Post by Bill Edmundson »

MarCo

The ramp at the camp ground, I think, is actually better. Navigating at night on Nickajack is not recommended until you see it during the day. There are rock piles from time to time south and east of the main channel.

Somebody will be up and out.

Bill
Mini -Tug, KH Tahoe 19 & Bartender 24 - There can be no miracle recoveries without first screwing up.
Tahoe 19 Build
kens

Post by kens »

there will be libations,
MNC

Post by MNC »

Thanks, I think I'll drive to the marina Friday night and plan to boat over Saturday during the daylight.
Builder of Cruisette, Utility, Power-Row Skiff, Sabotina, Flat-Bottom Kayak, Kid Row

Return to “Gathering 2016”