Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 16:22:37 -0700
Subject: boat pics

Once we had the boat turned over on the grass we needed some way to lift it high enough to set it on the cradle. I scurried around the garage looking for 2x4s, but couldn't find anything that would do. I was afraid the neighbors would all leave and the boat would stay on the front lawn. Finally, I ran out to the garden and lifted some rounded yard timbers from my raised vegetable beds. We passed these through the 2x6 that had been the base for the jig, and lifted the boat . Once we got the boat onto the cradle it was simple to wheel it into the garage. Since these pictures were taken we have painted the interior with Behr latex. Actually, I got oops paint that was a perfect gray. It cost me $2.50 for a gallon. I bought a Wagner Power painter and it made the painting of all those corners and spaces much easier. I can't tell you how much I have enjoyed the experience of building this, my first boat.

Thanks again, John
P.S. The boat is being built by Rich Wilkinson, too.