- Wesley de Bie's Flying Saucer build November 2012: "A bit more then 3 years ago I bought the plans for the 12'3" Flying Saucer Runabout, to build it for my education. It is not done yet but it has come a long way now."
- Tom Strong's ALPHA 2 "More pictures of parts & pieces have been added", 7-16-00
- ARGOSY Great photos of an Argosy currently being refurbished in Cape Elizabeth, ME
- CABIN SKIFF Step by step photos; nicely done page by Ray Macke. Mr. Macke has added pages on building his own boat trailer. Check it out if you are considering building your own trailer.
- CABIN SKIFF "I was looking for a project that both my kids and I would enjoy working on in the afternoons, after work, and on the weekends. Something that, once finished, we could enjoy the fruits of our work"... Edward Andrews
- DRIFTER New Zealand fly fishing guides..
- FOAMEE/SEA KAYAK I just completed my third Glen-L boat in the last year: the Sea Kayak. I have updated my web site with descriptions of the Foamee and the two Sea Kayaks. Finally have some pictures of the sailing Foamee up on the web site. (2-02)
- HOT ROD "This web site chronicles the construction of of a Glen-L 17' V-drive ski boat. This 1960's style boat will be powered by a 283 cubic inch Chevrolet small block V8." (1-05)
- MALAHINI by Bill Shaw
- MARK TWAIN Site shows Sandi and Lee Freeman's Mark Twain project. Lee and Sandi previously built the Gypsy. (See WebLetter 1 in "News Letters" on our site.).
- Bruce Dow's Glen-L MONACO Project
- RELIANT Step by step photos of the Reliant under construction. (11-03)
- RIVIERA This is an extremely well done site. If you are interested in the Monaco or Riviera, or in cold-molded construction in general, go to this site. Mark Bronkalla has great information on tools and jigs for making longitudinal scarf joints and notches. Good information all well written and displayed.
- Sherwood Queen Bob's Boat, good construction photos of a work in progress.
- A Glen-L Squirt named Scoop Photos and details about finished boat.
- Drew's SQUIRT build
- SQUIRT by Hakan Zorlu
- TANGO If you are interested in the Glen-L Tango... Welcome to Bob's World.
- TANGO I have put up a website for my Tango build. ...Kevin Gough
- TRUE GRIT - Built by Ray Macke
- TUBBY TUG "This is the second boat I have built but the first Glen-L design. I will be building boats in the future but I will NEVER build another boat unless it is a Glen-L Design." Kevin Brown
- amateurboatbuilding.com Forum, links, articles for boatbuilders.
- American Power Boat Association, APBA: APBA is the main governing body for all the boat racing that occurs in the US.
- Bishop Museum, Honolulu, Hawaii The museum of the Pacific and its peoples. The museum has publications describing construction of traditional Polynesian outrigger canoes and catamarans.
- Boat Transport 1stAboard - Free boat transport board where individuals can receive quotes for moving their boat from multiple carriers.
- CANPLY CANPLY, The Canadian Plywood Association represents manufacturers of plywood, veneer and veneer composite products in Canada. Information: Free DIY PLY*Plans, Product/Grade information, Canadian Species Guide, Standards information, Downloadable literature.
- Classic V-Drive Boat Club of America If you are interested in classic v-drive boats.
- Chris-Craft Links page. This site has a good link page for those interested in Chris-Craft boats and their upkeep.
- Duck Hunter's Boat Page A great resource for those interested in duck boats.
- Fiberglassics Information about classic Fiberglass boats. Includes histories and brochures. Navigation is a pain, but there are a lot of resources about fiberglass boats.
- Gondola building Thom Price went to Venice, Italy to learn how to make gondolas; it makes a great story and if you are interested in becoming a gondola builder, "Lo Squero is a place where people can come from all over the world and learn about the traditional boatbuilding of Venice and beyond". This site is definitely worth a visit.
- MarineEngine.com, Free photo classified ads for marine engines: inboard, outboard, parts.
- The Mariner's Museum, Newport News, VA.
- Maritime History A guide to maritime history resources on the Internet. Includes an extensive list of maritime museums online.
- Mystic Seaport Museum "Mystic Seaport is our country's leading maritime museum and champion of the American maritime experience that connects us all." It's also a cool place to visit if you are interested in boats and history.
- Michigan Propeller, Use their on-line form to get a recommendation for a propeller for your inboard boat.
- OldMarineEngine.com, "Research, and classified ads for collectors of pre-1940 marine engines. Engine manufacturer histories, advertisements, and engine catalogs."
- Boat Painting Guide Information re. InterLux paints, how-to and answers to painting questions.
- Port Carling Boats Information about the Muskoka, Ontario Canada area and photos of classic wooden boats
- PT Boats The restoration of PT 309. Find out more about PT boats, photos, history...
- Class Sailboats Kitty says that she has over 600 web sites listed for those who want to find out about class sailboats.
- Smithsonian ship plan collection A good source for model builders.
- Super Stock Racing "Home page of the Super Stock Racing Series. Flat bottom Sprint Boats."
- Timeline of Ships, Boats & Yachts - An interesting historical timeline submitted by Ethan.
- V-Drive boats This is a private site that is looking for support from others interested in v-drive boats.
- Water Skiing Waterskiing/wakeboarding bulletin board, events listing, tournament results, and more.
- Westlawn Institute of Marine Technology If you are interested in learning more about boat design... they are a respected company that has been around since Noah.
- Wooden Boat Foundation Port Townsend, WA. A center for maritime education. Site has a chandlery, which includes funky stuff for traditional boatbuilding.
- Forest Products Laboratory Information about domestic and imported lumber, including, Uses.
- WoodWeb: A very good resource for information on wood. What is fuming? Where have all the chestnut trees gone? and more...
- U.S. Coast guard The USCG official site
- ASKEY Propeller Co.
8515 Old Denton Rd
Keller, TX 76248
- ArrowProp (formerly Sportcraft)
PO Box 610
Meeker, OK 74855
- Sensenich Propellers
2008 Wood Court
Plant City, FL 33563
- Whirlwind Propellers
1860 Joe Crosson Drive, Suite J
El Cajon, CA 92020
Bead & Cove Bits
- Bead & Cove Bits for stripper construction
- MLCS Professional Woodworking Prod
PO Box 4053
Rydal PA 19046 - 800/533 9298
- Dan Hennis, Engineering Tech.
P.O. Box 254
Cassville, Missouri 65625-0254
CTR Services - Serving Southwestern Missouri and the 4 States Region since 2007 with the finest quality Boats and custom constructions. From our humble shop in Cassville, we specialize in the "out-of-the-ordinary", unique, and difficult to make. We do resource locating, and design tech support to achieve the highest level of excellence of "Heirloom quality" productions. Proudly American made and homemade, we offer personalized service for builds and projects from 6' to 24' for all work and pleasure craft. Best quality, best price, best friends.
- Hartinger Boats in Lima, Peru
- MarCo Woodworks "Let Us Build Your Next Boating Adventure! (located in Tennessee)"
- Welcome Slough Boatworks is a small boatworks shop located on Puget Island which is 25 miles up the Columbia River from Astoria Oregon.
- Classic Craft The oldest and most award winning boat repair shop in Sacramento. Specializing in the highest quailty fiberglass boat repair, gelcoat boat repair, wood and fiberglass boat building, and classic wood boat restorations.
Choose Classic Craft for Quality Boat Repair, Done In A Timely Manner, For Reasonable Prices.
We are conveniently located just minutes from downtown Sacramento, Ca.
8509 Folsom Blvd.
Sacramento, CA 95826
I have been building and repairing boats for 49 years and have often referred customers to Glen-L and have helped on many occasions with their projects.
- Anything Wood Custom Woodworking Classic small craft/restoration. Traditional Furniture/repair.
Capt. Ron Fortucci
27710 Glebe Rd.
Easton, MD 21601
- Tim Wahl
Frame Kits, Hulls and Boats up to 23'
- Custom Marine, Inc.
Custom Marine, Inc.
Custom Boatbuilding and Restorations since 1994. We will gladly work for anyone regardless of their location.
- Midwest Boat Appeal and Marine Plywood
Midwest Boat Appeal and Marine Plywood
St Bonifacius, Minnesota
In the boat business for almost 20 years. We work mostly on classic wood boat restoration,, but do also work on fiberglass, etc.
- Ramsey Brothers
Ramsey Brothers Restorations
329 20th Street
Toledo, Ohio 43604
(419) 255-BOAT (2628)
We will custom build any boat, and also have cnc cutting capabilities. Additionally, we offer pattern making, casting, and machining of hardware. We also have a large quantity of stock hardware castings available off the shelf such as windshield brackets, ventilators, gauge panels, etc.
Boat building Music
- Gordon Bok I added this category specifically for Gordon Bok. There is a line from one of his songs that is always running in the back of my mind when discussing boats:
"She's an old fat boat, slow but handsome
Hard in the chine, and soft in the transom
I love her well and she must love me
But I think it's only for my money."
If you visit his site, you can hear some of his songs on-line. I think it's worth the visit. ...brw
- Mudcat Cafe There was a link to this site from Gordon Bok's site. I just thought it was cool. If you are interested in folk music, you can download lyrics for hundreds of songs.
- Fred Gosbee Original ballads of Coastal Maine and the sea. Try it, you'll like it. Clamdigger, The Old Liars, The Ballad of Cappy John, Cappy John's Bride, and more.
Boat building Supplies
Lumber and Plywood
- Teak Deck Company "We fabricate teak decking panels for boat owners, builders and professional installers."
- Custom Marine Labels "... custom capacity plates for amateur boat builders. The labels are top quality and have been thoroughly tested. There is no minimum quantity."
- B&J Aluminum Windows "Builders of Boat Windows for the Marine Industry..."
- Motion Windows "Peninsula Glass manufactures the highest quality windows for an extremely wide variety of applications including: Marine Windows, RV Windows, Emergency Vehicle Windows, Bus Conversion Windows, and Coach Windows..."
- Taylor Made "... complete selection of hardware and parts for easy assembly..."
- Marine Paints InterLux Yacht Paints- learn more about InterLux paints or find the nearest dealer.
- Marine Paints Pettit Marine Paints product information, no dealer locations.
- Merritt Supply We supply everything from Okoume Plywood, Core products such as Divinycell, Corecell and Coosa, marine paints from Awlgrip, Interlux, Sea Hawk, etc., Fiberglass and much more.
- Sails, Make your own Sailrite supplies kits and materials to make sails for your sailboat.
- Tanks, fuel Inca Products, Nashville, TN
- Tanks, fuel Tempo Products
- Tanks, fuel Rayco Mfg. C., 6060 28th Street East Unit 1, Bradenton, FL 34203-5303. 941-751-3177. Fabricating replacement fuel tanks for the antiques and classics, aluminum or stainless steel.
- Tanks, Marine water & waste holding BARR Plastics Inc., 31192 South Fraser Way, Abbotsford, BC V2T 6L5, Canada
- Tanks, fuel Rayco Mfg Co, Bradenton, FL, 941-751 3177: "Fuel tanks for the antiques & classics"
- Tanks, fuel, water, holding Atlantic Coastal Welding, Inc., 16 Butler Blvd.Bayville, NJ 08721, 1-800-434-TANK. "Since 1978 we have been providing our customers with a high-caliber custom tank. USCG approved we have a 5-Day Turnaround time and all of our tanks come epoxy coated. Every tank is handcrafted to perfection, quality is never sacrificed. Coast Guard specifications are exceeded on every tank that we make."
- Window molding StanPro manufactures various moldings for marine and non-marine applications.
- Express Transporters Web site designed to provide a FREE listing to builders or owners who want to receive quotes to transport a boat of any size, anywhere, nationwide.
C-Flex for One-Off Fiberglass Construction
- Seemann Composits, Inc.
12481 Glascock Drive
Gulfport, MS 39503
Seeman is the manufacturer.
Classic Wooden Boats
- Core Materials for One-Off Fiberglass construction
Contact the manufacturers below for your closest distributer
- BALTEK Corp
Supplier of Balsa Core, Airex, Contourkore, Coremat
PO Box 195
Northvale, NJ 07647
201-767 1400 FAX 201-387 6631
- DIAB GROUP/Divinycell
315 Sea Hawk Dr
Desoto, TX 75115
- DIAB GROUP/Klegecell
Supplier of Klegecell
204 N Dooley St
Grapevine, TX 76051
- LBI Products in Groton, CT sells less than carton quantities.
Hall Craft V-Drives
- MetalSales C.E.M.Supply, L.L.C. We are a stocking distributor of Marine Metal Products. We stock a large inventory of 5086, 5083, 5456, 6061, 6063, 5052 aluminum. New Orleans, LA; Fort Lauderdale, FL; Eau Claire, WI
- On-Line Metals "Celebrating our 6th Year of Serving the Small Quantity Market". 1138 West Ewing, Seattle, WA 98119
Motors, Sterndrives & Accessories
- Doug Russell Marine Doug Russell Marine maintains one of the most extensive parts department in the world with more than 100,000 parts, and over 1,000 sterndrives and engines in stock!
1 SW Cutoff (Route 20)
Worcester MA 01604
Outboard Motor Manufacturers
Parts for Inboards, I/O's and Outboards
- Rancho Marine Recycling
3761 Unit C Recycle Rd.
Rancho Cordova, CA 95742
Phone: (916) 638-8908
I have talked to several of the guys and they indicate they do not have a good resource for finding used parts, engines, etc. In my area, (Sacramento, CA) we have a company that is the best I have seen. They have a tremendous inventory and all of their stuff is guaranteed. They test the engines if sold as is and they also have totally rebuilt engines. They are extremely helpful and their reputation is outstanding for honesty and reliability. I think it would be helpful for the guys if they had this info. ...Don Sanderson
- T.C. Electronics/Marine Have parts for outboards and I/O's, plus parts diagrams. "We co-mfg GLM Aftermarket Johnson Outboard Motor Parts and Cobra,800,400 and OMC Parts."
Power for electric boats
- TACO, D.I.Y. Marine
98 Northeast 179th St
Miami, FL 33162
305-770 2370 or 800-653 8569
Aluminum trim molding and vinyl rub rail for new construction or replacement. Ask for their catalog.
- Trimco-Plastic Extrusions
472 Newbold Street
London, Ontario, Canada N6E 1K6
Tel: (519) 681-1090 or 1-800-265-6074
Manufacturer of plastic profile extrusions since 1968. Products include extruded seals, edge trim, lip trim, decorative trim, marine trim, industrial trim and custom plastic extrusions.
- Rub rails: Minor Rubber makes rub rail extrusions (Extruded Rubber Shapes).
Sliding Rowing Seats
PO Box 21042
Philadelphia, PA 19114
- Klacko Spars, Ltd.
663 Third Line
Oakville, Ontario, Canada L6L 4A9
- LeFiell Marine Products
13700 Firestone Blvd.
Santa Fe Springs, CA 90670
- Dwyer Aluminum Mast Co.
2 Commerce Dr.
North Branford, CT 06471
- * Charleston Spars (RDM Sparcraft) (See below)
5600 Pine Grove Cir.
Charlotte, NC 28206
- * Sparcraft Hardware (See below)
14 Regatta Way
Portsmouth, RI 02871
- * 8-4-03: "Charleston Spar manufactures and sells masts formerly made by Sparcraft (USA and UK), Kenyon and Isomat.
Sparcraft Hardware is a separate company which has a licence from RDM Sparcraft for manufacturing Hardware under the Sparcraft name."
Director of RDM Sparcraft
Vice president of Charleston Spar
- Norton Boat Works (wooden masts to 60')
535 Commercial Ave.
Green Lake, WI 54941
- Ballenger Spar Systems
1053A 17th Ave.
Santa Cruz, CA 95062
- Seco South Inc.
PO Box 1158
Largo, FL 33779-1158
- Quadrant Spars
Hartge Yacht Yard
Galesville, MD 20765
- Mayeaux Upholstery
Auto Upholstery, Boat Upholstery, Custom Upholstery Fabrication, Established 1975
Member of the Chris-Craft Antique Boat Club
P.O. Box 23063
Tigard, Oregon 97281
Windshield Brackets - Classic Boats
Prices are approximate as of August, 2007
- Tendercraftboats.com - Set of 3 in bronze or chrome = $496.27
311 Markham Street
M6G 2K8, Canada
Phone: Toronto area: 416-920-6990
- Classicboatconnection.com - Set of 3 in sand cast bronze--you buff & chrome = $399-$450
Classic Boat Connection
75 Navaho Ave., Suite 5
Mankato, MN 56001 USA
Phone: 507-344-8024 Fax: 507-344-8056
- Californiaclassicboats.com - Set of 3 - $889 - $1238
California Classic Boats, Inc.
3267 Grant Street
Signal Hill, CA 90755
Phone: (562) 494-8482
- Hundly Boat Company - Classic Chris Craft Used Boat Parts - Wooden Boat Restoration and Repairs Since 1927
- A & A Marine - Set of 3 - $475 - $675
A & A Marine
270 Third Street
Manistee, MI 49660
Glen-L Representatives in foreign lands
- Canada: Noah's Marine (Toronto, ONT): Glen-L plans, boatbuilding supplies and lumber for our Canadian builders
- Germany: Hansa Nautic Yachtagentur (Hamburg): "German language people can obtain knowledgeable advice, and support for Glen-L designs in their own language. Some translated sheets come as standard for my builders, i.e. the photo series 'Build it Yourself the Glen-L Way'. Further, at extra costs - builders may obtain general translation service for selected or all construction sheets. Catalogues, books, studyprints, in stock in Hamburg (plans only by order)." - Peter Kollmorgen
Useful information page
GLEN-L Home Page