A 12' or 14' jon boat
MR. JOHN is the type of boat known by various names such as john, jon, or joe boat; punt, garvey, scow, or bateau... different words with the same meaning. A simple boat at its best for fishing along streams, a bayou, or a lake. Power it with a small outboard, row it, pole it, or scull it as suits your fancy.
MR. JOHN can be built in either 11'-9" or 13'-7" versions. Details for building both are shown in the plans. The plans are particularly simple with concise instructions. Included are layouts for cutting the plywood components, fastening schedule, material listing, and of course the step-by-step procedures for building the boat. And most important... the cost to build has been kept to a minimum by the careful selection of stock sizes of material and the complete use of all plywood panels.
- Length overall:
- 11'-9" or 13'-7"
- Depth amidships:
- Average passengers:
- Weight (approx.):
- 145 lbs. or 165 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Flat bottomed scow type, developed for sheet plywood planking. Using 1/4" plywood on the sides and bottom.
- Oars or outboard motor to 20 hp.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the stations a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 650 boat trailer plans.