A 13' cajun canoe
The PIROGUE is a Cajun canoe, a type of boat popular in the marshes and bayous of the South. These flat-bottomed hulls have shallow draft and a minimal beam, and can be easily poled or paddled with either single or double blade paddles. The PIROGUE will slip into areas that are inaccessible to other craft. Best of all, this little craft is very easy and inexpensive to build, requiring only two sheets of 1/4" plywood.
Full Size Patterns are supplied for every part, even showing stitching holes where required. Stitch-N-Glue construction puts building this boat within the range of virtually everyone... So start building now! You'll be amazed at how fast your boat will take shape
- Length overall:
- Depth amidships (approx.):
- Weight (approx.):
- 59 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Flat bottom with symmetrical ends for Stitch-N-Glue sheet plywood construction.
- For use with a single or double paddle, small 1-2 hp outboard optional but not detailed.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- No. We also do not recommend increasing the beam.