a 13' outboard runabout
TUFFY! A ruff and tuff runabout that is an amateur builder's dream. This high performance boat is the result of several prototype testing models which handled a variety of power-plants in virtually every maneuver imaginable. She towed skiers, was flipped into tight turns, and made to jump wakes just like the larger boats of this type. Naturally, any small boat has limitations, and the TUFFY is at her best in protected waters where the speed potential can be used.
Using Glen-L Plans and Patterns, the TUFFY is an easy boat to build, even for the rank amateur. The instructions for this boat contain more than 50 construction photographs of the prototype to amplify the step-by-step procedures.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Average passengers:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 350 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Short shaft outboard motor to 40 hp. Long shaft motor can be used if transom modified.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 650 boat trailer plans.