a 15' outboard runabout and ski boat
The SKI TOW is an outboard runabout intended for water skiing. The cockpit is very roomy with plenty of room for ski equipment or fishing gear. The boarding ladder at the transom allows the fallen skier to climb back into the boat without a lot of unnecessary bruises. The rear seat can be reversed to face aft to allow a comfortable position for the ski observer or for fishing. The forward seats may be made with the split back walk-through as shown, or as separate seats. Due to the seat construction method, the seats are not a structural part of the boat, they can be removed or altered to suit. With the seats removed, a flat area 5' wide and 8' long is available for sleeping bags.
"My Dad and I built this same boat together about 40 years ago. He recently passed away and I ran across pictures of that boat. It reminded me of how much fun we had building it and then using it for many years. We sold it and I lost track of it but I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s still cruising somewhere."
"I looked on the internet and was pleased to see that you are still there and that the Ski Tow is still available. I decided to attempt build one myself as a tribute to my Dad." Mike Aronson - Holland, MI
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Average passengers:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 400 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Short shaft outboard motor to 70 hp. Long shaft motor can be used if transom modified.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 1000 boat trailer plans.