For a PDF study plan, click HERE
A minimum overnighter sloop rigged sail boat with generous beam...that's the GLEN-L 17. Sleeping facilities are provided for two with area for a portable toilet. The roomy cockpit provides plenty of space for a portable ice box and stove, with room left over for an auxiliary outboard motor and sail bin.
The GLEN-L 17 carries a modern masthead sloop rig. The standard working sails are large enough to provide a lively boat in ordinary winds. For running or top performance, the larger genoa can be used. The rigging is such that the halyards and sheets are within handy reach of the helmsman for single-handed sailing, if desired.
The large scale plans have been especially worked out for the amateur builder and include details on building forms, spars, rigging, and step-by-step instructions with material listing.
- Length overall:
- Depth amidships:
- Draft (board up):
- Draft (board down):
- Height (board up to cabin top):
- 1287 lbs.
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 475 lbs.
- Centerboard weight (1/4" steel):
- 54 lbs.
- Cabin headroom:
- Cockpit size:
- 5'-6" x 5'-0"
- Average passengers:
- Sleeping capacity:
- Sail area:
- Main - 81 sq. ft. Jib - 55 sq. ft. Genoa - 98 sq. ft. Totals - 136 or 179 sq. ft.
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for 3/8" sheet plywood planking.
- Sail type:
- Masthead sloop-rig with centerboard.
- Short or long shaft outboard motor to 10 hp.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 1700 boat trailer plans.