a 21' trailerable family cruiser
For a PDF study plan download, click HERE
The VERA CRUISE is a complete cruiser that can sleep three adults. Her bright, airy cabin has a dinette, galley, and even an enclosed head and hanging locker. The galley provides space for a sink, stove, and ice box. A hatch in the foredeck next to the rope locker simplifies handling the lines during docking, increases air circulation and will quickly become a favorite observation post. The cockpit provides plenty of room for diving, fishing, or just plain lounging; all this in just 21'.
For simplicity of construction, her hull was designed for sheet plywood with the bottom flowing from a generous vee forward to a slight vee at the transom. Power can be provided by single or twin outboards, or an optional inboard with stern drive. Although VERA CRUISE looks like her larger sisters, her small size makes it practical to trailer her almost anywhere. Whether cruising or camping, the VERA CRUISE is an ideal boat for getting the family together on the water.
- Length overall:
- Length waterline:
- Hull draft:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 1200 lbs.
- Hull depth:
- Freeboard forward:
- Freeboard aft:
- Height overall:
- Cabin headroom:
- Cockpit size:
- 5' x 6'
- Sleeping accommodations:
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom, hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single or twin short shaft outboard motors. Long shaft motors can be used if transom modified. Optional (not detailed) stern mounted inboard motor to 700 lbs. connected to an outdrive.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 3800 boat trailer plans.