a 15 1/2' mini tug boat
The SHERWOOD QUEEN is an attention getter. Use her for a multitude of purposes around the yacht club, harbor, or landing. The small pilothouse has room for the helmsman and a passenger or two. Decks are recessed below the gunnel for walk-around access. Intended for slower speeds, the SHERWOOD QUEEN scoots along with minimal power for incredible economy. A small outboard can be mounted on the transom, or in a well within the boat completely concealing the motor. With either, the motor can still kick-up if necessary, or you can use a small inboard centrally located with a straight shaft set-up. Double towing bitts aft plus one forward add to the practicality of this mini workboat.
With all her queenly attributes, the SHERWOOD QUEEN is not difficult to build. The plans are prepared for the amateur builder with limited experience providing step-by-step building
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Height overall:
- Average passengers:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 600 lbs.
- Draft outboard version (approx.):
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single short-shaft outboard or inboard motor to 10 hp. Long shaft motor can be used if transom is modified.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 2100 boat trailer plans.