a 16' outboard runabout
GERONIMO, is a husky open cockpit-type runabout that is extremely versatile. You can mount back-to-back seats and use her for fishing or water skiing. With the removable seat shifted aside, you have a flat floor in the cockpit of more than 5' x 9' in size. This provides plenty of room for sleeping bags or scuba diving gear. The deep hull and wide beam make for a safe craft for friends or family. The bottom is fast enough to hold almost any reasonable power, yet the vee at the forefoot is generous to cushion the ride.
The GERONIMO can be powered with various outboards, either singles or twins. The instructions cover two types of motor wells. One for single motors provides generous stowage space at the transom. The other for single or twin motors provides a wide open area for ready access to the motor or motors. Both types incorporate a self-bailing motor well that will automatically drain any water coming over the motor cut out. Optional power can be the inboard-outboard type of drive, or the inboard stern mounted motor connected to a v-drive.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Average passengers:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 600 lbs.
- Cockpit size:
- 5'-0" x 9'-4"
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single or twin short shaft outboard motor to 100 hp. Long shaft motor can be used if transom modified. Inboard stern mounted motor may be used, connected to a v-drive or inboard/outboard to 500 lbs. maximum.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 1000 boat trailer plans.