a 17' inboard or outboard deep vee overnighter
GLEN-L takes pride in the BRAVADO, designed to meet the demands of those who desire a deep vee hull in this size category. The underbody of the BRAVADO incorporates a bulbous keel section for soft entry and easy steering characteristics. At the chine in the aft sections, a reverse curve has been added for spray deflection and stability. Lift strakes are designed into the hull for quick planing, fuel economy, and directional stability.
The best part of this modern hull is that it is easily built with sheet plywood, one of the strongest materials per pound known today. What this all means is that now the amateur builder can enjoy the benefits of the deep vee hull coupled with contemporary styling, all at a fraction of the cost of a comparable production boat. What's more, the BRAVADO will sleep two people in full length berths, plus there's plenty of room for fishing and water sports in the cockpit.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 900 lbs.
- Height overall:
- Cockpit size:
- 8'-0" x 6'-6"
- Sleeping accommodations:
- Hull type:
- Full length deep vee hull with lift strakes, developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single stern mounted inboard to 650 lbs. connected to an outdrive. Single or twin outboard motors to 135 hp total.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 1700 boat trailer plans.