a 17' inboard or outboard deep vee runabout
Here's a modern styled runabout capable of fulfilling a variety of your water sport needs in admirable fashion. Whether you want to fish, water ski, or venture offshore, the ROUSTABOUT can take it all in stride. This is due to her full length deep vee hull which provides a comfortable ride even in late afternoon chops. With her reverse curve at the chine in the aft sections, she's always stable and dry. For easy handling, we've incorporated a bulbous section into the keel and lift strakes are provided.
There are several power options. Single or twin outboards, or a single inboard coupled to an outdrive unit can be used and are detailed in the plans. A v-drive can also be used but is not detailed. For versatility, look at those lounge seats! There's two of them that will seat two people each, and they convert to form full length lounges for sun bathing. They can even be used for berths if you want to stay over at your favorite fishing hole. A navy-type folding top can be added for protection from the elements. With that huge cockpit, there's plenty of room for all the gang and their gear.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 700 lbs.
- Cockpit size:
- 10'-3" x 6'-6"
- Average passengers:
- Hull type:
- Full length deep vee hull with lift strakes, developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single stern mounted inboard to 650 lbs. connected to an outdrive. Single or twin outboard motors to 135 hp total.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 1700 boat trailer plans.