an 18' deep vee outboard bass and ski boat
The evolution of the American bass boat is carried one giant step forward with our SKI BASS design. Here is a boat that doubles as a bass boat and a ski boat all in one! The hull features a full length modified gull wing vee bottom for exceptional speed and ride, even in rough water conditions. A bulbous keel section splits choppy waters while a reverse curvature at the chine gives the stability that fishermen require. Lift strakes on the bottom deflect spray and lift the hull onto a plane quickly, with minimal power.
You can power your SKI BASS with a single outboard or inboard engine using either an outdrive or jet drive to suit your special conditions. There is plenty of speed potential with any drive option and with 25 gallons of fuel, you will be able to run for long periods before refuelling. Special features include fore and aft casting decks, seating for four, a large control console for locating electronic aids, and built-in wells for storage of rods, fish, bait, ice, and other gear. Because you build the boat yourself, you can fit out and customize the boat to suit your own special needs, for a real one-of-a-kind fishin' machine.
Building the SKI BASS is well within the skills of the average amateur. Our Plans with Full Size Patterns simplify the work and keep costs to a minimum. Strong, lightweight plywood hull construction coupled with one of our Fiberglass Covering Kits will make her one of the quickest, lightest, strongest, and easiest to maintain bass boats available at any price. With all of its virtues as a bass boat, it's hard to believe the SKI BASS is one of the best waterski hulls around. Your friends, family, and bystanders will be amazed that you built this versatile dual-use boat.
- Length overall:
- Hull draft:
- Hull depth:
- Average passengers:
- Cockpit size:
- 12'-10" x 6'-2"
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 800 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Full length deep vee bottom with 16o deadrise and lift strakes. Developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single long shaft outboard motor to 175 hp. or stern mounted inboard engine driving through an outdrive or jet not exceeding 750 lbs. Power trim and/or trim tabs recommended for high speed use.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 2300-2800 boat trailer plans.