a 20' inboard deep vee sport fishing boat
A complete walk-around deck... a 7' x 10' aft cockpit... sleeping accommodations for two... a trailerable boat... these are but a few of the unique features of the VEE GULL. All of these features are on a deep vee hull that is both fast and able, for a unique soft riding boat.
The cabin on the VEE GULL has adequate accommodations for two with space for a water closet under the berths. The chain locker up forward is entirely separate from the cabin but readily accessible from the forward deck area.
The VEE GULL can be powered with single or twin long shaft outboard motors, or a stern mounted inboard motor connected to an outdrive or vee drive assembly. Details on either type of mounting is covered in the plans.
The construction is unique; the bulkhead frames are mounted on a sawn sheer member or harpin. This latter member eliminates any bending of the sheer and provides a positive accurate building method. The drawings carry the builder through all construction from building form to the cabin.
- Length overall:
- Length waterline:
- 3075 lbs.
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 1350 lbs.
- Hull depth:
- Freeboard forward:
- Freeboard aft:
- Height overall:
- Cockpit size:
- 7'-0" x 10'-0"
- Fuel capacity:
- 40 gals.
- Sleeping accommodations:
- Hull type:
- Full length deep vee with 16o min. deadrise and lift strakes. Hard chine, developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Single or twin outboard motors or single inboard stern mounted motor, connected to an outdrive or v-drive. Maximum total engine weight: 800 lbs.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- No. We also do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 3800 boat trailer plans.