a 21' deep vee ski boat
A luxurious runabout... a mini day-cruiser... a high-performance ski boat... call it what you will, because the RENEGADE is all these things wrapped up in a long, lean, rakish package of dynamite that will turn heads wherever you want to go. We specifically designed this boat for the big, powerful outboard motors available... but... the RENEGADE can also be fitted out as an inboard equally well. In fact, you can couple a stern-mounted inboard to any of the popular drive methods whether it be a jet pump, v-drive, or an I/O unit. How's that for versatility! The plans and instructions cover all these possible variations.
The hull design of the RENEGADE is a full length deep vee type specifically modified to provide an ideal compromise for a smooth, comfortable ride, plus the capabilities required to tow a gang of water skiers without bogging down. Longitudinal lift strakes assure quick acceleration out of the "hole" with a minimum of fuss and spray. Even with a load of passengers aboard in that big, luxurious cockpit, you'll still be amazed by the performance of your RENEGADE. The super strong, but lightweight, plywood construction means higher speeds with less power and greater economy, plus it makes the building of the boat well within the abilities of the average amateur.
So be the envy of your friends. Build your own RENEGADE using Glen-L comprehensive plans and full size patterns. Our sequential instructions allow you to build a boat that can equal or exceed the quality of similar stock boats, and you'll save a bundle in the process.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Height overall:
- Average passengers:
- Cockpit size:
- 9'-4" x 6'-6"
- Hull weight (approx.):
- 1000 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Full length deep vee bottom with 12o deadrise and flaring sides. Developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Outboard Power:
- Single 20" or 25" long shaft motor to 220 hp. Twins may be used as long as the total weight does not exceed 500 lbs.
- Inboard power:
- Single stern mounted engine driving through a vee drive, jet pump, or outdrive, 1000 lbs. maximum combined weight.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Yes. Up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 2100 boat trailer plans.