a 12' runabout
Our classic design FLYING SAUCER is the ideal combination of utility and speed in a small boat. Going like a bomb, or carrying a whale of a passenger load is no problem for this little boat.
The FLYING SAUCER can also be built as an open boat for fishing; as such, she is an ideal cartop boat, easy to get to your favorite fishing spot with a minimum of hassle. The generous beam offers plenty of room for gear and load carrying.
The layout shown offers the styling of the traditional two-cockpit runabout, a look that is unique in a boat of this size. You can have your own classic runabout without all of the expense of a full-size antique. Picture yourself behind the wheel, in the center of her mahogany deck. She's a boat that will draw stares even from the owners of the real thing.
- Length overall:
- Hull depth:
- Average passengers:
- Hull weight (approx.)::
- 190 lbs.
- Hull type:
- Vee bottom hard chine hull developed for sheet plywood planking.
- Short shaft outboard motor to 25 hp. Long shaft motor can be used if transom modified.
- Can the hull be extended or shortened?:
- Lengthen: Yes. Shorten: No, up to 10% by re-spacing the frames from the aft end of the stem to the transom a proportional amount. We do not recommend increasing the beam.
- Designed for use with Glen-L Series 650 boat trailer plans.